Not connected, Your IP: 18.206.13.112
LZ1

What do you think of the new site design? (Welcome to report any bugs/odd behavior)

Liking the new setup in general!  I do see one little UI glitch in the banner area (top, left), that happens once you're signed in.  The number of users and bandwidth data gets shoved over to the left and lands atop the AirVPN logo.  This only seems to be an issue after signing in, when more information appears across the very top of the page (info about your subscription expiration, etc.).

I see this in both Firefox and Safari, running on MacOS Mojave.  Here's a screen grab from Firefox.

new-banner.png

15 minutes ago, EtV said:

Liking the new setup in general!  I do see one little UI glitch in the banner area (top, left), that happens once you're signed in.  The number of users and bandwidth data gets shoved over to the left and lands atop the AirVPN logo.  This only seems to be an issue after signing in, when more information appears across the very top of the page (info about your subscription expiration, etc.).

I see this in both Firefox and Safari, running on MacOS Mojave.  Here's a screen grab from Firefox.

new-banner.png

Cannot reproduce with Firefox 60 on Linux.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

4 minutes ago, giganerd said:
20 minutes ago, EtV said:

new-banner.png

Cannot reproduce with Firefox 60 on Linux.

Ahhh...well, I am on a laptop (don't have a desktop at the moment), so perhaps it's a simple issue of screen real estate.  Or, a lack thereof on my part!  :)  Apologies for the likely false alarm!

49 minutes ago, EtV said:

Ahhh...well, I am on a laptop (don't have a desktop at the moment), so perhaps it's a simple issue of screen real estate.  Or, a lack thereof on my part!  :)  Apologies for the likely false alarm!
No it's great you report it just in case, thank you :). 

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

1 hour ago, EtV said:

Ahhh...well, I am on a laptop (don't have a desktop at the moment), so perhaps it's a simple issue of screen real estate.

I can confirm this and reproduce it on a 1024x768 screen. Beyond 1000px the site layout changes from one looking like it's for mobile to the full desktop one and that's where the font overlaps with the logo.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:30 PM, NaDre said:

Are you saying that you can still access BBCode? How?

If I could not retrieve and save the BBCode for a largish post/guide that I had written, I would be very disinclined to ever modify/update it.

If I had the BBCode for a guide that I wrote for another forum, how would I port it here without a huge effort?

Not being able access the BBCode raises a question in my mind. Do I have rights to the content of my posts here? This does not seem very "open".

The CMS we use doesn't support anymore BBCodes. Some of them are accepted (for example spoiler), but don't rely on it.
In theory you can copy/paste the rendered html directly.
Please provide example URLs to topics for assistance, thanks.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, giganerd said:

Nah, I do. But the inability to disable email notifications drives me mad. 😣

https://airvpn.org/notifications/options/ doesn't work?

On 4/17/2019 at 1:29 AM, sundi said:

Do we have any option to change user timezone and date format for the profile so that we can see web site's times in our local timezone and as per our date format?

Not yet, but it will be implemented soon.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:35 PM, EtV said:

I do see one little UI glitch in the banner area (top, left), that happens once you're signed in.

We know, it will be fixed.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:16 PM, Flx said:

Can I have a confimation that it's fixed now? Thx

@Clodo

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

-----------------------------------------------------------

Error when trying to view "my attachments".
The support ticket now went to Level 2.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, Clodo said:
On 4/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, Flx said:

Can I have a confimation that it's fixed now? Thx 

I had to re-edit some posts and that fixed it...to make life easier for "new members".
Since I did not get an answer back from Support I closed the "support ticket".

On 4/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, Clodo said:

Well, they're greyed out. I get browser notifications for messages and comments, no need for email. But I can't for the love of it disable them.

Screenshot_20190501_125205.thumb.png.78f51b01429b597557b3f36ce11d848d.png

Regarding BBCode, yes, it's not visible anymore, but there are now block styles one can use. One of it is a spoiler, and the known Info/Error/Warning styles are there, too. :) There's even a Log style now. :)

1 hour ago, giganerd said:

Well, they're greyed out. I get browser notifications for messages and comments, no need for email. But I can't for the love of it disable them.

I honestly don't understand why, it's the CMS we use (IPBoard).  The only notification we implement (under AirVPN section) are not grayed... Sorry, i will check the IPBoard docs about this.

1 hour ago, giganerd said:
Regarding BBCode, yes, it's not visible anymore, but there are now block styles one can use. One of it is a spoiler, and the known Info/Error/Warning styles are there, too. :) There's even a Log style now. :)

I implement these styles. If the are issue or people need/want more styles, write to me a DM, thanks.

I don't like the new design really and it works alot slower on my old laptop than the old one.
biggest problem is I'm not able to get notifications to work :-(. I just don' get any since forum upgrade.
any advice? I have seen that option under notification settings that you get the popup but is that necessary to do every time you login?
thanks.

On 5/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, ruler2016 said:

I don't like the new design really and it works alot slower on my old laptop than the old one.
biggest problem is I'm not able to get notifications to work :-(. I just don' get any since forum upgrade.
any advice? I have seen that option under notification settings that you get the popup but is that necessary to do every time you login?
thanks.

You're probably doing something with cookies or local storage or so. It is not necessary on my side.

Why do websites keep doing this...

I usually visit AirVPN website to check if there is an Eddie update. On https://airvpn.org/windows/ I middle click Changelog: nothing. I right click to choose "Open Link in New Tab": nothing, as if it is not a link, even though cursor indicates that it is a link. Evidently even the changelog page is hidden behind some Javascript code now, and I am forced to allow Javascript just to see it. Fine, I'll bookmark it to access it easily next time. But no, it is not a page, it opens in a modal window! Why would something that is not a warning open in a modal window? I hit the Page Down key (or space key, or down arrow key) to see more content (since it is a modal window for no reason, not enough content fits), but no, the main page moves down instead of the changelog, because the changelog is in a modal window for no reason. I am forced to use the cursor just to move down. I then want to go back to the page; I can't just close this one as I was unable to open it in a new tab. So I click backspace button to go back. Nothing happens, because I am not on a new page, it is just a modal window. I try the Escape key, nothing happens. I need to use the cursor again, just to go back to the page. (I am primarily a keyboard user, I dislike having to use mouse. Normally I wouldn't use the mouse even to click the link, I would just use the ' keyboard shortcut on Firefox to click it, but since it is no longer an actual link, I could not.)

I shouldn't care about this that much as I don't use it that often, but I couldn't help but rant as I keep seeing all websites move to this Javascript-heavy app-like UI. I don't really understand, whom is this supposed to help? What would be wrong with simple HTML pages? The page https://airvpn.org/mirrors/eddie.website/changelog/ is so much better to navigate and more accessible than a modal window in another page (I found it from my browsing history; I bookmarked it, but I am not sure if it will be updated, given that the new design does not link to it).

On a positive note, I like that the forum has less useless whitespace than it used to. Ideally I would prefer even less, but modern website trends tends to add even further whitespace, so I was pleasently surprised to see it more information-dense. I am not fond of the app-like navigation between pages, but at least it works normally with Javascript disabled.

The greyed out notifications issue is still there. I assume there was nothing in the docs about this, and also that it's either a permission issue or simply a bug. AirVPN mails haunting me in the night, it's scary... :DD

I discovered a login/change password bug earlier before I found this thread.

Also, sending passwords unhashed in plain text? Bad AirVPN!

2 hours ago, ShareVPN said:

Also, sending passwords unhashed in plain text? Bad AirVPN!

Hello!

What? Please clarify and elaborate when it occurs.

Kind regards

On 5/31/2019 at 12:27 PM, Staff said:

Hello!

What? Please clarify and elaborate when it occurs.

Kind regards

Go to the change your password form and open up the developer tools, then follow the data stream. I'm hoping at least you don't store them as plain text because that would be a data breach waiting to happen. To be fair its not the worst thing in the world to send it in plain text since the stream is encrypted with TLS, but I would rather hold a VPN service to better standards.

1 hour ago, ShareVPN said:

Go to the change your password form and open up the developer tools, then follow the data stream. I'm hoping at least you don't store them as plain text because that would be a data breach waiting to happen. To be fair its not the worst thing in the world to send it in plain text since the stream is encrypted with TLS, but I would rather hold a VPN service to better standards.

Hello,

passwords are stored encrypted in our database. As far as it pertains to your considerations on password exchange, are you trolling? If not, we will leave the task to explain why you have derailed to some person of good will, however it's difficult to explain when you lack even the basics of the matter. In the meantime rest assured that password exchange is performed according to the state of the art.

Kind regards

A VPN with "better" standards?
Post a link to a VPN that does client
side encryption of passwords in the
browser, I will pin this provider as the
most recommended one in the sub
forum of the competitors as the most
client side safe provider for 1 month.
Even if I risk to lose all my privileges
on a serious community, but a bet is
a bet. Few terms:

1) Must be top of 50 VPNs
2) Must support OpenVPN (no web)
3) Must have a web client area

Alternatively, I will buy you both a
yearly subscription on that provider
and a yearly AirVPN account.
How does that sound?

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

A VPN with "better" standards?
Post a link to a VPN that does client
side encryption of passwords in the
browser, I will pin this provider as the
most recommended one in the sub
forum of the competitors as the most
client side safe provider for 1 month.
Even if I risk to lose all my privileges
on a serious community, but a bet is
a bet. Few terms:

1) Must be top of 50 VPNs
2) Must support OpenVPN (no web)