Not connected, Your IP: 34.228.213.183
NoiselessOwl

[SUGGESTION] Add the option to auto-clear the recovery.xml files

I noticed Eddie is a tad sensitive with unexpected shut down. Sometimes, it is too much sensitive with it. I would suggest adding the option to auto-clear the recovery.xml logs with the acknowledgement that I am aware of the crash. I am getting annoyed with my Windows 10 notification from Eddie nagging me that it crashed. However, the recovery.xml is persistence and will continue to pile on with unexpected shutdown until the recovery.xml is deleted from the folder. Every time I get unexpected crashes likely due to Window Updates decided to rear its ugly head and perform the updating process, I go to the AppData folder to delete recovery.xml file.

+1 I would turn this off if I could. It happens so frequently that I regularly ignore it.

If your Windows installations often crash, maybe it's time to dig deeper and find out why they do so? Without them you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

It is nothing to do with the installations. I noticed Eddie have a tendency to be "dramatic" at times. When I exit Eddie via the system tray, once in a while Eddie would constitute that as unexpected crash. It work normally to me, there is no errors from my side. What I noticed that it is related to the gateway. But how unexpected crash have to do with gateway or routes issue? That is what I am puzzled about because unexpected crash generally meant that the program itself is crashing and needing a restart. But gateway and routes cause unexpected crash error, that is just out there unless the developers have a intention using this errors. This is related to my post that I had over 50 lines of errors that is related to unexpected crash error.

This suggestion stem from my experience with Eddie regarding to unexpected crash. It would explain why I am suggesting this.

It's possible to write a batch file to start Eddie and when exited normally would delete the recovery file.

It's also possible to write the file to delete the recovery file first, start Eddie and exit the batch file. This one however may cause a problem if Eddie previously crashed and needs the file to recover.

On 8/5/2019 at 1:24 AM, Fly AirVPN said:

It's possible to write a batch file to start Eddie and when exited normally would delete the recovery file.

It's also possible to write the file to delete the recovery file first, start Eddie and exit the batch file. This one however may cause a problem if Eddie previously crashed and needs the file to recover.

Eddie did this in some way. What I observe is that I saw recovery.xml in %APPDATA%\Local before Eddie is running. When I start up Eddie, the file is immediately gone. It is not showing up in Everything app when Eddie is running. As I shut down Eddie, the recovery.xml is back with the errors exact. I don't know how Eddie handle the file. I thought it was deleted but the creation date and modification date of the file is not the same. I noticed a pattern of recovery.xml when Eddie shut down, the creation date will use the previously modified date the last time it was modified after Eddie shut down. Then the modified date will show the current date that Eddie shut down.