Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.55.154

Greetings,

Tried to find out the root cause from the forums a couple of times, but it's either not addressed or I'm just missing the point. Anyway:

In a good moment, I get decent enough speeds. But regardless of the server (at least seems so), my network speed goes every once a while dramatically down, to 0 or just a couple of kbit/s, even if I'm downloading or streaming something. Today it's been so bad that can't really browse at all. Have tried to switch between UDP and TCP protocols, but no luck so far. So, in a nutshell, network speed goes up and down, randomly, but the connection to AirVPN server(s) is not lost. Any ideas?

Cheers,

T

Hello!

Have you checked out the stickied/pinned threads?

You might also want to append some Eddie logs. Instructions in my signature.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks LZ1.

Yes, I've checked them but missed anyone having similar symptoms, and there are quite a bunch other tweaks so I'd prefer to have some clue on where to start rather than just stabbing around in the dark.. It would make more sense to me if the connection would be always slow, or cut down the connection, but it's just the speed that bumps. I've tried earlier using different ports and protocols and also set my MTU below fragmentation limit, but the problem still stays.

Actually, thought I resolved this but the problem came back - to me it seems it doesn't matter which server I'm connected to, and I haven't been able to pinpoint any other common nominator either. It may work sometime ok, and then the speed goes suddenly to 0-100kb/s.

People frequently leave out all the basic info about their setup. At least provide logs! Save them as a file and upload it here.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Apologies. Original question was just to find out if the symptom is something that's known and where some obvious try-this-out solutions exist. Seems it's not, and I will provide logs as I get it reproduced again - today it seems to have worked ok.

Regarding basic setup - Win10 64bit, NATted home network (same symptom, be there NAT or not), only affected unit is the pc with airvpn - non-VPN'd or units using other VPNs not affected.  

Hello!

Please try the following first:

• with administrator privileges delete the file D:\Program Files\AirVPN\default.xml while Eddie is not running (it's Eddie's configuration file and it will be re-created at the next run - you will need to re-enter your credentials)
  • upgrade to Eddie 2.17.2 beta: it solves some compatibility problems with Windows 10 Pro which Eddie 2.15.x suffered (you are running Eddie 2.15.2) and test again

You can download Eddie for Windows here:

https://airvpn.org/windows

In the download page click "Other versions" > "Experimental". You will be brought back to the download page, pointing this time to the beta version. Download and install as usual.

Kind regards