Not connected, Your IP: 18.209.209.246

Hello everyone,

After two days of trying various config I still cannot connect to vpn servers.
I have gone through the guide here on airvpn and also checked the forum but am now in need of help from the community.

I have attached images of the various screen in order to help convey the settings and vpn log to better help you help me.

Any help is extremely appreciated.
Thank you.
Chris

It's just not resolving your remote address in the openvpn config because your DNS server is a private address in AirVPN's network.  Since you're not connected yet, you can't access that private address to resolve the remote host.

There are 2 solutions.

1) Resolve the remote host separately, then put in the IP address of the remote server, not the domain.  This keeps you to the one server.  It won't be some random European server, which is what you may intend.

2) Use a public DNS in your general dd-wrt settings, then make sure that the openvpn client switches the router to VPN DNS upon connection.  If your version of dd-wrt can't do that, then I suggest you find a firmware that does.

Hello go558a83nk,

Thanks for your help, I tried your advice and I think the state of my firmware started getting too messy.
Luckily I reset to factory defaults and it worked.

Thanks again.

In your firewall rules---dd-wrt

----------------------------------tun0------------------------------------------

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun0 -o br0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o vlan2 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o ppp0 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -j REJECT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

----------------------------------tun0------------------------------------------

In the original screen shots, the WAN Static IP was set to the same address as the local LAN IP.  Is this a valid configuration that has started working after the factory reset?  Or is this perhaps the original source of the problems?  (I'm using the screen shots as an example to try and get AirVPN working on my own DD-WRT router w/ random US server entry)