Not connected, Your IP: 54.226.210.133
boogaloo5150

Mac: Can only connect to internet via AirVPN now...

Having a similar problem to the one that a windows user describes above, from a couple of years ago: After a system update, I can no longer connect to the internet without Eddie...but sometimes I want to turn the VPN off.

Running Mac High Sierra 10.13.6...any ideas?

Hello!

Try to reset your DNS and/or Firewall settings.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I reset the DNS, per these instructions, and turned the Firewall from Off to On, and then back to Off again, after it didn't work in the On position...it still won't connect, without AirVPN. 

This problem started since installing the most recent security update

I am preparing to update the OS to Mojave, but don't want to download the files via the VPN, or make alterations to the system when it's not functioning properly, in the first place.

Anybody else having similar problems?

Did you use Eddie with Network Lock on? If so, I don't think it's sufficient to simply restart the Firewall, as it has to be reset to its default settings.

Keep in mind that you're also able to submit a support ticket .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I have never activated the Network Lock feature, and it doesn't say it's "On" in the Eddie window...but it seems to be locked now, by default...I can only access Internet, with AirVPN.

How can I un-lock it, so I can access the internet without AirVPN? 

I recently renewed my subscription, but now I am having second thoughts/regrets...can you direct me to instructions to un-install Eddie/AirVPN, and restore my system to regular internet usage?

Thanks you for all your assistance.

Hello!

If you have never enabled Network Lock you can rule out firewall problems.

We suspect you suffer for a DNS issue. That's unexpected (Eddie must restore DNS settings when you shut it down properly) but we deem it possible since it has been sporadically reported before. Uninstalling Eddie will make no difference.

Anyway, if that's the case, solution will take just 30 seconds of your time. Set publicly reachable DNS in your system while Eddie is NOT running, that's all.

We recommend OpenNIC https://www.opennic.org but of course you can set any favorite DNS.

How to change DNS in Mac:

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/how-to/change-mac-dns-entries/

Kind regards