Not connected, Your IP: 44.192.16.60
Sign in to follow this  
rdegro

ANSWERED Eddie Client closing in background on Firestick

Hi,

I recently purchased airvpn and have been using it on my 2nd gen firestick (so far an excellent vpn), however I run into one problem regularly:

When using kodi or streaming generally after a certain amount of time (usually an hour or so) it will cut out and when I go to the Eddie client it has reset & I have to log in again. It's clear it's cutting out due to the network switching from VPN back to the normal connection.

Is this because the firestick automatically closes apps due to memory management or do you think it's a problem with Eddie?

In the case of the former is there any way to force apps to stay open permanently in the background or is this something that would need root?

Thanks for your help

Is this because the firestick automatically closes apps due to memory management or do you think it's a problem with Eddie?

Hello!

We have detected a problem between our compilation optimizations of the asio library and ARM 32 bit based systems which may lead to crashes. Your Firestick is based on an ARM 32 bit processor.

While applications forced kill is unavoidable (forced by Android) when memory is insufficient, you can test Eddie 2.1 RC 1, which fixes the issue with 32 bit systems.

So, you should test Eddie 2.1 RC 1, and at the same time you need to make sure to not run out of memory. Check here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/32237-eddie-android-edition-21-beta-released

Please keep us posted.

Kind regards

So, you should test Eddie 2.1 RC 1, and at the same time you need to make sure to not run out of memory. Check here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/32237-eddie-android-edition-21-beta-released

Thanks for the response, hopefully the update solves it. I presume I have to sideload this version onto the firestick? 

Hello!

Yes, we're sorry. Unlike Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore does not have a beta testing program/section for the apps.

Kind regards

Yes, we're sorry. Unlike Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore does not have a beta testing program/section for the apps.

Hi,

Been testing for a bit and updating to Eddie 2.1 has completely solved this issue, thank you very much.

Will this new version be in beta for a while just out of interest?

Hi,

Been testing for a bit and updating to Eddie 2.1 has completely solved this issue, thank you very much.

Will this new version be in beta for a while just out of interest?

Hello!

Eddie 2.1 has been released. It's the latest stable version. Next version will be Eddie 2.1.1 or 2.2 with minor updates for additional comfort, stay tuned. Side load is still necessary because Amazon has not yet approved the new version, so in the Appstore you still find 2.0.1 version.

Google Play Store users don't need side load because Eddie is live in the Play Store.

Kind regards