Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.10.14
Sign in to follow this  
cdysthe

First impression issues with Eddie for Android.

Hi,

I just signed up for two years of AirVPN and the Android client will be an important part of those two years. After having used it for a little while there are a few of issues/features I would like to see:

- Be able to link one specific server to Quick Connect instead of the client selected one. I have a couple of servers near me I keep using and would like to have one of those as quick-connect server. The way it works now I'm quick connected to a slow server in Canada instead of a fast one in NYC. 

-When connecting to a server in the server list that server should move to the top of list so it's easy to use again. That is how it works in the OpenVPN Connect client I have been using. I often use the same server over and over and having to scroll down to is, even if it's in my favorites, is a bit annoying. The same should happen in the Favorites. The last used server should appear at the top of the list.

- Be able to save a server as a shortcut in Android for easy access like you can in the OpenVPN Connect client.

- Be able to reorganize favorite servers by dragging them up and down. Again, I would like to have the one I use the most on top.

- When you want to connect to a new server you should not have to disconnect from the existing one. That should happen automatically if you select a new one. Having to go back and disconnect takes time and there's no reason for that detour to a new connection.

All in all I am very pleased with the Eddie Android client and so glad it's not done in the oh so boring Material Design like most Android apps are these days.

//C

Hi,

I just signed up for two years of AirVPN and the Android client will be an important part of those two years. After having used it for a little while there are a few of issues/features I would like to see:

- Be able to link one specific server to Quick Connect instead of the client selected one. I have a couple of servers near me I keep using and would like to have one of those as quick-connect server. The way it works now I'm quick connected to a slow server in Canada instead of a fast one in NYC. 

Hello!

We are very glad to inform you that this feature is already implemented. Make sure you run Eddie 2.0 or 2.0.1. In the server view you can define a white list of server(s) according to your preferences.

-When connecting to a server in the server list that server should move to the top of list so it's easy to use again. That is how it works in the OpenVPN Connect client I have been using. I often use the same server over and over and having to scroll down to is, even if it's in my favorites, is a bit annoying. The same should happen in the Favorites. The last used server should appear at the top of the list.

This feature is missing but you have the option to sort the servers in many ways, even ways which dynamically sort the list according to some server property, for example server load, as you might have noticed.

- Be able to save a server as a shortcut in Android for easy access like you can in the OpenVPN Connect client.

This feature is already implemented: just make sure that Eddie is the app selected for the proper mimetype (for the ovpn files).  However, auto-connection when the ovpn file is imported is missing, we can plan to implement it

- Be able to reorganize favorite servers by dragging them up and down.

Nice suggestion, thank you.

- When you want to connect to a new server you should not have to disconnect from the existing one. That should happen automatically if you select a new one. Having to go back and disconnect takes time and there's no reason for that detour to a new connection.

Even this feature can be implemented, yes. We'll think about it.

All in all I am very pleased with the Eddie Android client and so glad it's not done in the oh so boring Material Design like most Android apps are these days.

//C

Thank you!

Kind regards