Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.179.138
dbear55

Router Port Forwarding Problem

I think I have setup port forwarding correctly , following the articles for DDWRT & Merlin, but am not getting the expected result.

I am running a media server accessible via http on port xxxx and  if I connect locally, 127.0.0.1:xxxx it is fine

Without a VPN and with port forwarding setup on the router (via WAN/Port Forwarding) I can connect via WAN-IP:xxxx or ddns.asuscomm.com:xxxx

AirVPN is running on an Asus RT-AC87U, with a tunnel (tun11) pointing at just one PC (10.0.0.116) which is hosting the server. All other devices is running on the WAN interface. I have removed the Port Forward from WAN/Port forwarding and used the command line setup mentioned above. The System Log shows that the port is being forwarded and I can also see this from canyouseeme.org.

However if I try to connect on the port either via VPN-IP:xxxx or via ddns.airdns.org:xxxx I cannot connect to the server. If relevant, the PC is running Windows 10 (64 bit).

What am can I try next?

iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p udp -d 10.0.0.116 --dport 18080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun11 -p tcp -d 10.0.0.116 --dport 18080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 18080 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.0.0.116
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 18080 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.0.0.116

I have a similar problem - I'm using an ubuntu server as a router with the iptables configured as above. I'm trying to access my router via ssh e.g.

~$ ssh -p 47144 myaccount@ddnsname.airdns.org

but I keep getting 'resource temporarily unavailable' when testing from a machine on a separate LAN without a VPN connection. I connect to the airvpn server through an ssh tunnel (stunnel) - not sure if that's relevant. I get a yellow light on the port's TCP test.

I have a similar problem - I'm using an ubuntu server as a router with the iptables configured as above. I'm trying to access my router via ssh e.g.

Mea culpa. In addition to the PREROUTING and FORWARD, I forgot to add the INPUT:

-A INPUT -i tun0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

Now all working fine.