Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.139.99

Hello,

first post here.

I was really getting interested in hiding my IP from websites, and suddenly I noticed this issue:

whatever I do the site whatsmyip always detects my real ISP given IP and location.

I did some reading and tests, but all posts and topics related to IP leak lead to WEBRTC, that was the first fix I did - disabling this service on my browsers, however that didn't solve my problem, although all WEBRTC testing sites confirmed that I have successfully disabled the service.

Then I changed my DNS, connected to various AirVPN servers, no change, that site is always showing my real IP (it's IPv6 if it matters)

So, if anyone can explain this and possibly gives me an idea what to try next, it will be appreciated!

using Win10-64, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Cheers!

Waylander131

ok I realized my mistake as I was typing the post. Generated new VPN config with the option for IPv6 and this solved it. Now that nasty website cannot detect my real IP - I'm happy

Hello!

Using Eddie with Network Lock enabled would also prevent WebRTC leaks .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.