Not connected, Your IP: 3.94.102.228
Guest 5YmkoLQZ

ANSWERED What happened to Eddie development? No update for 4 months

2.17.2 released on 23rd September 2018 is latest version, so far it's been 125 days since the last update.

In 2017 there was a gap from 19th sept to 26jan 2018 (129 days).

Is there an update planned soon?

Hello!

Eddie is under a wide and deep "re-engineering" which needs some more time. A lot of work has been done anyway, and you will see news soon!

Kind regards

Hello!

Eddie is under a wide and deep "re-engineering" which needs some more time. A lot of work has been done anyway, and you will see news soon!

Kind regards

Any ETA on this? Maybe release super early alpha or make development completely open source so others could help? Eddie is currently completely unusable on macOS Mojave and last working version isn't available anymore. 

Hello!

Kind regards

Any news on this?

Hello!

Kind regards

Any news on this?

There hasn't been any news and since it seems to be a rather big set of changes, an ETA is likewise very hard to come by. So as annoying as it is, there's "news when there's news" and not before.

If a given version of Eddie isn't working for you, please remember that under "Other Versions" on the download page you can download previous versions too.

I see 2.15.2, 2.14.5 and 2.13.6 are available for MacOS. Besides the 2.17.2 beta.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Would be nice to know what changes they're planning as it is so unstable on Mac OS.

Yeah I don't know if its Mojave or what but 2.17.2 used to run just great, but in the last few months it seems to be self destructing or something. Aside from connection issues while Im connected occasionally, whenever I start Eddie, I have to close and open it a few times before it actually works now. The first couple times I open it, Ill let it load, select a server, and it always hangs on Checking IPv4, goes through the three tries, then goes back to an infinite loop of trying to connect. Usually shutting it down once, reopening it lets it connect, sometimes it takes 3 or 4. Ive noticed every time Eddie starts, even if it was shut down properly, the log states "Recovery. Unexpected crash?". Latency on the servers has skyrocketed for me too. Seems the network lock doesn't always like to clear itself when Eddie is shut down now too. Spent a lot of last week using Tunnelblick and Viscosity instead, but Id prefer Eddie..

Yeah I don't know if its Mojave or what but 2.17.2 used to run just great, but in the last few months it seems to be self destructing or something. Aside from connection issues while Im connected occasionally, whenever I start Eddie, I have to close and open it a few times before it actually works now. The first couple times I open it, Ill let it load, select a server, and it always hangs on Checking IPv4, goes through the three tries, then goes back to an infinite loop of trying to connect. Usually shutting it down once, reopening it lets it connect, sometimes it takes 3 or 4. Ive noticed every time Eddie starts, even if it was shut down properly, the log states "Recovery. Unexpected crash?". Latency on the servers has skyrocketed for me too. Seems the network lock doesn't always like to clear itself when Eddie is shut down now too. Spent a lot of last week using Tunnelblick and Viscosity instead, but Id prefer Eddie..

This is exactly what is happening for me!

Hello!

Are you guys not using the public github repo? People might appreciate seeing the progress there and someone might even pitch in

Hello!

Kind regards

Any news on this?

There hasn't been any news and since it seems to be a rather big set of changes, an ETA is likewise very hard to come by. So as annoying as it is, there's "news when there's news" and not before.

If a given version of Eddie isn't working for you, please remember that under "Other Versions" on the download page you can download previous versions too.

I see 2.15.2, 2.14.5 and 2.13.6 are available for MacOS. Besides the 2.17.2 beta.

I know about that, but none of them is usable on macOS Mojave.

I'm asking about ETA because don't want to move to other provider as there is no one better than AirVPN, but Eddie is annoying as hell for last 6 months.

I agree sadly. AirVPN needs to publish more regular updates, not updating the desktop client for half a year is not why a lot of people subscribe. The new version clearly exists and I'm sure it'll be awesome, but there is no harm in theory publishing alpha versions or at least providing updates on development.

It's not true I know but you rather get the impression Eddie for desktop is abandoned, why not post screenshots? Something to reassure us the new version is on its way.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:45 PM, Staff said:

Hello!

Kind regards

Is there any 'news' to share yet? It's been months! Even though I have over a year left on my Air subscription I am currently using Mullvad as Eddie is so unstable on MacOS!

In January Airvpn said there would be news "soon".

We're in June and I'm still wondering about the new version, I do suspect it's worth the wait but the old version isn't getting any better.

Please do release soon :).

Hello!

An important work is ongoing, both on Eddie AND new software, and both have high priority. Please be patient.

Kind regards

Welp its almost July now, how's this 'important work' coming on a GUI front end to the OpenVPN client coming? Just took me a good hour to even get Eddie to connect to the VPN after multiple restarts from hanging at 'Checking IPV4' sometimes at IPv6, not deactivating the network lock when it closes, etc. I could've went with any other VPN if I just wanted to use Tunnelblick or Viscosity. Hell even the free Windscribe has more reliable connectivity right now.

It's planned, mentioned occasionally throughout the forums, for example in Linux Client: Latency Tests do not complete or only after a lengthy delay.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.