Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.143.119

Hi,
I´ve tried to configure Airvpn on my Firewall with this tutorial (https://airvpn.org/topic/17444-how-to-set-up-pfsense-23-for-airvpn/). Unfortunately the tutorial is written for pfsense and there are to many differences in the web gui to use it with OPNsense. So I couldn´t get it running with this tutorial.
I want to route my whole traffic through Airvpn.
Does anybody has a hint or an how to do?
Please consider that Im a beginner at opnsense, so the options and steps are not self-explanatory to me.

I also speak german

Unfortunately, no one has stepped forward yet.

I'm personally not sure about OPNsense as there seems to be a small dispute over the ethics of this project and its initiator. Something about the initiator making false claims and being a nag in general and that he didn't understand why it was necessary for pfSense's further development to change the license to a more permissive one. They also noticed that OPNsense releases allegedly follow the pfSense release cycle, suggesting that OPNsense consolidates fame and users at pfSense's (programming) cost.

While the other side is not content with pfSense's development and the involvement of NetGate, the company created to sell networking hardware based on pfSense, which is the reason why pfSense changed the license in the first place. They compare their move to similar examples like OwnCloud/Nextcloud and OpenELEC/LibreELEC.

I'd use pfSense. It's just better supported and development shouldn't stop for some time.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I switched from pfSense to OPNsense after the terrible behaviour from the NetGate CEO. I'm not sure what giganerd is talking about, he seems to have gotten things the wrong way round.

I switched from pfSense to OPNsense after the terrible behaviour from the NetGate CEO. I'm not sure what giganerd is talking about, he seems to have gotten things the wrong way round.

Contribute to us learning more by explaining the terrible behavior you describe.

Sent via Tapatalk.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

On 3/24/2019 at 8:20 AM, giganerd said:
Contribute to us learning more by explaining the terrible behavior you describe.

Sent via Tapatalk.

SO about the whole opnsense vs pfsense, the behaviour he described is about the ceo of pfsense registering the domain opnsense.com to discredit opnsense. 
The main reason why I choose opnsense over pfsense is that it is more modern, it has a better webgui and the backend uses a MVC framework, it supports more hardware due to not needing aes-ni extensions and uses hardened bsd.
Not to mention the two factor auth is a big plus but of course this comes with a cost no pfblockerng

43 minutes ago, viry said:
SO about the whole opnsense vs pfsense, the behaviour he described is about the ceo of pfsense registering the domain opnsense.com to discredit opnsense. 
The main reason why I choose opnsense over pfsense is that it is more modern, it has a better webgui and the backend uses a MVC framework, it supports more hardware due to not needing aes-ni extensions and uses hardened bsd.
Not to mention the two factor auth is a big plus but of course this comes with a cost no pfblockerng

pfsense doesn't require AES-NI.  that requirement was removed.

I guessed they faced a lot of back lash then which was one of the deciding factors for looking else where my apologies for being incorrect.
I'll publish a howto on getting airvpn working with opnsense.

Hi,

1. Open the .ovpn file in notepad or something and copy everything from resolv-retry infinite down to the bottom.

Go to vpn -> openvpn -> clients and select your openvpn instance
Set it to SSL/TLS/UDP4 (I haven't tested with anything except UDP4)
Insert a hostname / port
Go to Advanced Box & Paste, click save and connection should come up under vpn->openvpn->connection status