Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.23.50
Sign in to follow this  
greenmi

Client reseting blacklist countries

I'm using the latest client on Win 7 for quite some time now, but never had a need to blacklist some country, so I'm not sure did this work before.

Anyway, whenever I blacklist Netherlands as a country, it stays blacklisted until I turn off the PC. As soon as I turn it on, start Eddie, it connects to Netherlands, even that I blacklisted it in the previous session. I check the countries tab and indeed, it's not blacklisted anymore. Shouldn't the client have some log file to save the desired settings for blacklist/whitelist?

How to solve this issue? I want Netherlands to stay blacklisted.

Hello!

That's an unexpected behavior. Can you please test:

• blacklist a country
  • select "Exit" menu item
  • restart Eddie

and verify whether the country has remained black listed or not?

Kind regards

Hi!

Yes, once I restart the client in the current session ie. I blacklist the country and restart the client, the country stays blacklisted, but once I restart the PC, the country doesn't have a blacklist tag (X mark) next to it.

It's a bit strange, since I don't have any kind of software which would flush/delete the files before windows shutdown or on startup. I don't use any AV software either.

I have the same issue in Linux - servers blacklist resets. That's why I'm still using 2.16.3... it works without this problem.