Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.195.125
jd890123

Can Airvpn bridge ipv6 to ipv4 only clients?

Airvpn supports ipv6 [1].

My internet provider does not support ipv6. I only have an ipv4 address.

Can I use Airvpn (or any other vpn provider for that matter) to get an ipv6 address?

When I connect to Airvpn on Linux using openvpn I cannot ping ipv6 addresses so by default it does not seem to work. I am not sure if this is expected.

[1] https://airvpn.org/topic/28153-ipv6-support-and-new-smart-features/

Airvpn supports ipv6 [1].

My internet provider does not support ipv6. I only have an ipv4 address.

Can I use Airvpn to get an ipv6 address?

Hello!

Yes, of course. Therefore, you can reach IPv6 services as well. The only servers currently not supporting IPv6 are:

Baten

Porrima

Scheat

Algedi

Bellatrix

Miaplacidus

Rasalas

Metallah

Kitalpha

Also, please keep in mind that you need OpenVPN 2.4 or higher versions.

When I connect to Airvpn on Linux using openvpn I cannot ping ipv6 addresses so by default it does not seem to work. I am not sure if this is expected.

[1] https://airvpn.org/topic/28153-ipv6-support-and-new-smart-features/

Let's see the system report (Logs -> Life Belt icon -> copy all -> paste into your message).

Can you browse ipv6.google.com? What is the output of "ping6 ipv6.google.com" command (from a terminal emulator, when the system is connected to the VPN)?

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Edit:

Now I have tried with Eddie and ipv6 works. It must be doing something differently than the command line.

By using the same configuration file which the client uses (visible by right clicking on the server in the ui) I can get ipv6 to work using openvpn directly, too.

Edited ... by jd890123

Solution:

Tick the Advanced mode box in the client configuration generator on the website and tick the ipv6 options.

Thanks to this post I found the ipv6 options. Telus, our provider at a hotel here on the Gulf Islands of BC only supports IPv6! It's a shocking experience (for those of you who have lived behind a national firewall, it's quite similar). 

Anyway, I was hoping to be able to bridge from our IPv6 connection to the IPv4 world using AirVPN. Currently I'm connected to an IPv6 tunnel in Austria (not sure why it picked that one), but I still can't access sites like Amazon.com or Chase.com. Any suggestions?