Not connected, Your IP: 44.212.50.220

Hi, I only get around max. 25 Mbps for download. Why is it so slow? Tested on Netherlands servers, my location is in Germany.

Without VPN I get 150 Mbps. Any comment would be welcome.

Regards,

amilino

1. Have you tried another server?

2. Have you changed the protocol and port to try something other than the automatic or default? Being SSL443 or SSH22?

3. I'll ask instead of assume, are you using Eddie? If not, like Air4141841 asked, how are you connecting?

1. I always use Netherlands servers.

2. I always tried default only UDP 443, like already stated filter on Netherlands country.

3. I tired with OpenVPN for Android and Eddie latest stable version on Linux and Windows machine.

Any suggestions, what to try next?

1. I always use Netherlands servers.

2. I always tried default only UDP 443, like already stated filter on Netherlands country.

3. I tired with OpenVPN for Android and Eddie latest stable version on Linux and Windows machine.

Any suggestions, what to try next?

Would you go on Eddie and change the protocol to SSL, 443, Entry IP 4. Then go to servers and pick any of the following: Errai, Hassaleh, Pleione, Alshat, Crater. I know the servers are fine as they are in the Top Users with people using 100mbits+ with each. 

If that doesn't do anything, try SSH, 22, Entry 3 or 4.

Also, what are you testing speed with? There are numerous tools and I highly doubt it would be a problem with them. But can you try another server on the tester? How about another tester? I know of several. https://speedtest.net/ https://testmy.net/ https://speedof.me/ https://fast.com/

Thank you for the feedback. Will try out as soon as I come home and will give you result. I was using speedtest.net so far.

Hi again, I tried all cases like you said and now I am getting 38 Mbps, what is higher but not much.

Hello!

You could check out some of the links near the bottom of this thread, regarding speed.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

After long testing this is the best result so far: 49,88 Mbps

With TCP 80 entry 1.

I also added OVPN Directives:
mssfix 1432
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288

After long testing this is the best result so far: 49,88 Mbps

With TCP 80 entry 1.

I also added OVPN Directives:
mssfix 1432
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288

Use this and play around with the numbers 212992, 393216, 425984, and the one you already tried 524288. The push part makes a difference when using it on my router.

sndbuf 123456
rcvbuf 123456
push "sndbuf 123456"
push "rcvbuf 123456"

Try using UDP and the directive fast-io and see if it does anything for you, I don't really think it would but it's worth a shot?

Try changing the cipher? I've was told that you can't but you actually are able to. Just enter this:
cipher aes-128-cbc //use any cipher thats supported
ncp-disable //needed or you can't use a different cipher
Also if you want to test out which is fastest for you, here https://airvpn.org/topic/18322-how-to-quicly-test-theoretical-openvpn-throughput/

Could you try using Network Manager or CLI or whatever you use to connect to a config and see if it makes any difference?
Try Openvpn-GUI or whatever it's called with Windows?
Try Eddie for Android if you wanted, up to you on this one.

Try with another person's home internet and see if you get the same results?

Try some servers in different countries. 

Try a different VPN and see if it's the same problem? EDITED by Staff: deleted a specific, recommended VPN. No ads please.
What is the outcome of all of these things I suggested? 

If nothing helped.. I don't know what else to try. I would contact support. I'm not going to be anymore help! Sorry. I hope this does work though!

sndbuf 123456
rcvbuf 123456
push "sndbuf 123456"
push "rcvbuf 123456"

What kind of crazy numbers are these? Is this your password?

push is not needed, by the way. As client, you are listening for PUSH_REPLY, pulling the settings.

And I'd use 131072 byte instead as this is exactly 128 kiB. 27.

I'd rather ask if you've got cable internet from Vodafone Kabel DE or Unitymedia. If yes, I found your problem: QoS. I've been fighting it for more than a year.

Try using UDP and the directive fast-io and see if it does anything for you, I don't really think it would but it's worth a shot?

5-10% CPU efficiency is what it does according to man. I don't see any improvement in throughput from this, but it doesn't seem to do any harm, either.

This will again cause less CPU cycles to be used for E/D, not necessarily an improvement in throughput and sure as hell no improvement in security. I'd leave them at AES-256-CBC without the ncp-disable directive.

You could try other clients but if you're a cable customer chances are you're not even the problem to begin with.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I am on Unitymedia cabel. What is your recommended setup, I would like to try this today with Eddie client?

sndbuf 123456
rcvbuf 123456
push "sndbuf 123456"
push "rcvbuf 123456"

push is not needed, by the way. As client, you are listening for PUSH_REPLY, pulling the settings.

I'd rather ask if you've got cable internet from Vodafone Kabel DE or Unitymedia. If yes, I found your problem: QoS. I've been fighting it for more than a year.

5-10% CPU efficiency is what it does according to man. I don't see any improvement in throughput from this, but it doesn't seem to do any harm, either.

This will again cause less CPU cycles to be used for E/D, not necessarily an improvement in throughput and sure as hell no improvement in security. I'd leave them at AES-256-CBC without the ncp-disable directive.

You could try other clients but if you're a cable customer chances are you're not even the problem to begin with.

I found the numbers on various sites. I NEED the push part for my openwrt setup or it doesn't successfully use them. It uses other numbers. So I do need them.

I'm just giving potential solutions, even bad solutions

I am on Unitymedia cabel. What is your recommended setup, I would like to try this today with Eddie client?

I don't use Eddie so my setup is different from yours.

Sent via Tapatalk.

sndbuf 123456

rcvbuf 123456

push "sndbuf 123456"

push "rcvbuf 123456"

Try using UDP and the directive fast-io and see if it does anything for you, I don't really think it would but it's worth a shot?

ncp-disable //needed or you can't use a different cipher

I found the numbers on various sites. I NEED the push part for my openwrt setup or it doesn't successfully use them. It uses other numbers. So I do need them.

I'm just giving potential solutions, even bad solutions.

Okay, granted.

Sent via Tapatalk.

You can configure everything in Eddie, like for example OVPN directives.

I use Eddie because of the network lock feature, I tried to use pure Open VPN but didn't manage to setup network lock script by applying IP rules on my Linux machine.

Anyway I will spend some more time to play around and try to get more bandwidth.

You can configure everything in Eddie, like for example OVPN directives.

I use Eddie because of the network lock feature, I tried to use pure Open VPN but didn't manage to setup network lock script by applying IP rules on my Linux machine.

Anyway I will spend some more time to play around and try to get more bandwidth.

You could also try this usermade software https://airvpn.org/topic/26327-alternative-airvpn-client-with-provider-independent-double-hop-support-gnulinux/

Today another record in speed: 63,71.

This is the best setup in my case (so far):

sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
push "sndbuf 524288"
push "rcvbuf 524288"
fast-io

UDP 443 entry 3.

Thank you all for your support. I will try also suggested alternative to Eddie.

Well, same problem here. Everything runs fine for weeks / months. But since a few days i have bandwith problems while using VPN. Actually connected to Adhara, download speed is around 35 mbit. upload around 30 mbit.. my connection brings up to 95 mbit download and 38 mbit upload while outside the vpn. this happens every few days. what i do is then: open web-gui (merlin-wrt on asus ac86u). go to vpn tab -> vpn client -> disable vpn and enable after 1 minute again. so my router connects to another server in germany and everything is fine for a few hours (Using udp port 443 entry 3 for tls crypt). i just checked the traffic on adhara in these minutes - its fine. actually @70-80 mbit from 1000. so what could be my problem?

It looks like thats an airvpn problem. Tested again while outside VPN. Downloadspeeds around 95 mbit and upload around 38 mbit. Then automatic connect to a germany server with udp entry 3. in this case mirzam. downloadspeed 2-5 mbit, upload actually under 1 mbit. tested then some servers directly.

Mirzam 2-5 mbit down under 1 mbit upload
Adhara and Errai the same
Tucana download 95 mbit upload under 1 mbit
Mesarthim 95mbit download 26mbit upload.

do others have same issues? 

This topic has been answered for the original poster, therefore you're in the wrong place and therefore you're not getting answers. Please open another thread with your problem and give as much detail as possible, e.g. logs, description of your setup and the problem, what you tried, etc.