Not connected, Your IP: 35.173.215.152
sansanasan

Disappointed by lack of responses to my support ticket

Hello folks,

I joined AirVPN given the positive feedback it has received over the internet and have been a member for few months now. But, I have a support ticket open (100134) regarding a problem with opening certain sites since 29th Nov with no updates which is very surprising for a paid service. I've had to disable VPN to access these sites which is a big hit to productivity and defeats the purpose of using a VPN.

So question: is there any chance of getting this fixed? If not, possible to get refunded for the 1 year membership I subscribed to few days back?

Hello!

It's possible Staff have been busy given it's December/January, but I don't know. We certainly can't answer this here.

There is a blocked sites forum. In addition, if you use the routes feature in the Eddie client, certain sites can be made to go outside the VPN tunnel, so that you don't need to turn off the VPN entirely.

It's difficult to say much more, including about the refund. Staff might answer soon though.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello folks,

I joined AirVPN given the positive feedback it has received over the internet and have been a member for few months now. But, I have a support ticket open (100134) regarding a problem with opening certain sites since 29th Nov with no updates which is very surprising for a paid service. I've had to disable VPN to access these sites which is a big hit to productivity and defeats the purpose of using a VPN.

So question: is there any chance of getting this fixed? If not, possible to get refunded for the 1 year membership I subscribed to few days back?

TOS: 

9) REIMBURSEMENTS. AirVPN strongly encourages to test the free Service before you pay any subscription to commercial plans. The free service differs from the commercial service only with respect to bandwidth limitations. In case you are not satisfied with the commercial Service, once you have subscribed you have the right to obtain a full reimbursement, given that your request is sent within 3 commercial days from the subscription payment. AirVPN accepts only written refund requests sent to the addresses given in the Privacy Notice. You have the right to request a reimbursement without giving explanations. The right to be refunded is invalid if You have violated the Terms of Service and/or if you send the request after having used the Service for more than 3 days and/or if you have used the Service for a global traffic volume exceeding 5 GigaBytes. Air warrants a reimbursement within 30 days from receipt of reimbursement request.

I'm also being ignored by support on my two tickets from Nov/Dec.

Hello!

It's possible Staff have been busy given it's December/January, but I don't know. We certainly can't answer this here.

There is a blocked sites forum. In addition, if you use the routes feature in the Eddie client, certain sites can be made to go outside the VPN tunnel, so that you don't need to turn off the VPN entirely.

It's difficult to say much more, including about the refund. Staff might answer soon though.

Hello, just to clarify, some of the sites which I have trouble loading are amazon.com and goodreads.com so definitely unexpected given that these are well known.

Hello folks,

TOS: 

9) REIMBURSEMENTS. AirVPN strongly encourages to test the free Service before you pay any subscription to commercial plans. The free service differs from the commercial service only with respect to bandwidth limitations. In case you are not satisfied with the commercial Service, once you have subscribed you have the right to obtain a full reimbursement, given that your request is sent within 3 commercial days from the subscription payment. AirVPN accepts only written refund requests sent to the addresses given in the Privacy Notice. You have the right to request a reimbursement without giving explanations. The right to be refunded is invalid if You have violated the Terms of Service and/or if you send the request after having used the Service for more than 3 days and/or if you have used the Service for a global traffic volume exceeding 5 GigaBytes. Air warrants a reimbursement within 30 days from receipt of reimbursement request.

I'm also being ignored by support on my two tickets from Nov/Dec.

That's really unfortunate given that it's a nice service. Looking at similar forum posts with folks complaining and no response from staff doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Wish I had noticed this before purchasing a year long plan. Oh well..

It's usually temporary and just requires some patience. I have a feeling Staff may have been swamped lately. . I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I can access both amazon.com and goodreads.com. Did you try different servers?  Have you tried the routes tool?

I can access both amazon.com and goodreads.com. Did you try different servers?  Have you tried the routes tool?

I am also unable to connect to either of those addresses as well as IMDB most days. There seems to be more and more sites I'm unable to connect to lately. I'm on Vancouver server. The routes tool shows no problems.

Do you have IPv 6 enabled? The routing servers don't work with it enabled last time I checked.

Do you have IPv 6 enabled? The routing servers don't work with it enabled last time I checked.

Not sure who you were asking, but I do not have IPv 6 enabled.

I don't use goodreads so I have no comment on that.. however, amazon has problems for me a lot of the time. It's sometimes slow to load or gives an error which I don't recall. I haven't tried the routes tool. Usually within 10 seconds and refreshing it's working for me.

Hello folks,

Hi Sansanasan,

Agree with "defeats the purpose of using VPN" part. Although staff did say they "thoroughly discussed and it does not depend on us whether we able not to reach some sites via their client and or dns"

Makes you wonder how on earth I'm able to reach all the sites without any issues using different VPN providers or disabling VPN ??

But yet somehow it does not depend on the vpn provider or willing to look deeper into it to be able to find the root cause. But hey there are worst things in life I guess.

There is a simple work around for your problem that I'm currently using by changing the DNS settings in Eddie.

Go to preferences:

Preferences.png

Click on DNS tab

-DNS Switch mode: Automatic

-Check AirVPN DNS: Uncheck

-DNS servers add: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as alternative or you can use dns resolvers from https://dns.watch/index

DNS.png

Go to https://ipleak.net/ or https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

to check if you're dns is not leaking well in this case it probably will as long as your real ISP IP and DNS does not show up your more or less save.

01.png

02.png

Hope this helps in someway.

You're not afraid of the dark web, are you ?

Hello folks,

Can you explain the problem? Maybe us forum members can help, I would try but I don't even know the problem you have. 

Is it slow to load? Impossible to load? Does it give an error? Does it work on another device with the vpn? Have you tried running it in incognito/clearing cookies and stuff etc? Tried it in another browser? Tried disabling AdBlock? 

I know some of these (since there are so many), you might start thinking, shutup Jeremyx3, but I'm just trying to help

I know you said amazon is a site that's problematic. I have problems with it. I get SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE or ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED and there may be others that I have gotten, it's VERY OFTEN problematic. Shortly after the error page, like 2 seconds, the page refreshes and loads. However, without a VPN on, I never get the error message. That's the main reason I asked about more detail. I want to help but I need more information or I'll suggest 1million+ solutions.. I look forward to your response, I hope we help you with the problem!

Edit: I have a problem where I'll repeat things multiple times, I think I did it here haha

Edit2: here's a screenshot of the SSL problem. --> https://i.imgur.com/h9ZSwUX.png 

Can it be a browser problem? Like i get these blocks on x-mail because of cert probs on firefox and chromium ...

Regarding amazon i never got PRIME video working for extended period , regular Amazon sites i have had problem connecting from AIR's Swiss Server to audible.de

Thank you so much folks for helping me out!

Hello folks,

Hi Sansanasan,

Agree with "defeats the purpose of using VPN" part. Although staff did say they "thoroughly discussed and it does not depend on us whether we able not to reach some sites via their client and or dns"

Makes you wonder how on earth I'm able to reach all the sites without any issues using different VPN providers or disabling VPN ??

But yet somehow it does not depend on the vpn provider or willing to look deeper into it to be able to find the root cause. But hey there are worst things in life I guess.

There is a simple work around for your problem that I'm currently using by changing the DNS settings in Eddie.

Go to preferences:

Preferences.png

Click on DNS tab

-DNS Switch mode: Automatic

-Check AirVPN DNS: Uncheck

-DNS servers add: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as alternative or you can use dns resolvers from https://dns.watch/index

DNS.png

Go to https://ipleak.net/ or https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

to check if you're dns is not leaking well in this case it probably will as long as your real ISP IP and DNS does not show up your more or less save.

01.png

02.png

Hope this helps in someway.

I tried this DNS suggestion and the occurences of sites not opening up has reduced! I'll keep monitoring this and post updates if any.

Hello folks,

Can you explain the problem? Maybe us forum members can help, I would try but I don't even know the problem you have. 

Is it slow to load? Impossible to load? Does it give an error? Does it work on another device with the vpn? Have you tried running it in incognito/clearing cookies and stuff etc? Tried it in another browser? Tried disabling AdBlock? 

I know some of these (since there are so many), you might start thinking, shutup Jeremyx3, but I'm just trying to help

I know you said amazon is a site that's problematic. I have problems with it. I get SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE or ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED and there may be others that I have gotten, it's VERY OFTEN problematic. Shortly after the error page, like 2 seconds, the page refreshes and loads. However, without a VPN on, I never get the error message. That's the main reason I asked about more detail. I want to help but I need more information or I'll suggest 1million+ solutions.. I look forward to your response, I hope we help you with the problem!

Edit: I have a problem where I'll repeat things multiple times, I think I did it here haha

Edit2: here's a screenshot of the SSL problem. --> https://i.imgur.com/h9ZSwUX.png 

No SSL errors, just plain and simple time out

Can it be a browser problem? Like i get these blocks on x-mail because of cert probs on firefox and chromium ...

Regarding amazon i never got PRIME video working for extended period , regular Amazon sites i have had problem connecting from AIR's Swiss Server to audible.de

Definitely not browser because works immediately the moment I disable VPN.