Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.41.187
Szabo

ANSWERED Eddie-AirVPN on Android 2.x, Reset Master Password

When launching a VPN connection from Android Eddie 2.x, it asks me for my Master Password.  This is not my account password, of course, but the Master.  The thing is -- I can't for the life of me remember this password, or even setting it up.

I deleted Eddie and reinstalled, but it does not provide me an opportunity to reset the password (it asks for the current password, which I don't know).

Looked around the forums for reset procedure but couldn't find it.  Can someone point me to the right info?

I also cannot find any instruction on how to reset the master password on Android. There must be a way to do this.

I also cannot find any instruction on how to reset the master password on Android. There must be a way to do this.

Hello!

If a Master Password could be reset, it would be useless. If you have lost your Master Password you can not use Eddie "Quick connect" and "AirVPN server" features. Please proceed to uninstall and re-install Eddie.

Kind regards

I deleted Eddie and reinstalled, but it does not provide me an opportunity to reset the password (it asks for the current password, which I don't know).

Looked around the forums for reset procedure but couldn't find it.  Can someone point me to the right info?

Hello!

Your account password can be reset on our web site, if and only if you linked a valid e-mail address to your account. Please click "I've forgotten my password" from our web site login page and follow the instructions to reset the password.

The file encrypted with the Master Password will be deleted when you purge the application from the system. Removing Eddie from a device through the system options will achieve the purpose.

If you manually remove Eddie from a rooted device, make sure to remove even the app local directory /data/data/org.airvpn.eddie. It contains, as usual, the app data.

Eddie Master Password works like any other master password does in different software: compare for example how browsers implement a master password to protect sensitive data, typically stored passwords and usernames.

Kind regards

I think OP was confused by the dialog which is asking them to set one rather than enter an existing one. Since that's what I get launching Eddie for the first time.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.