Not connected, Your IP: 54.196.27.122
free_refil

Cannot Connect to Microsoft Services when on AirVPN using SSL Protocol

I've posted this issue before over a year ago I do believe, and the answer then was to disable IPv6 on all of my Ethernet adapter.  However, this fix no longer works, so I am returning here to see what I can do to resolve the issue.

I am forced to use SSL port 443 as that is the only port that will connect at my job.

What's occurring is that if I open any Microsoft services after the VPN has been connected, it will prompt me that I need to sign in, then redirect me to a blank page that states "We are unable to connect right now.  Please check your network and try again later."  This occurs in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft OneNote, and in the Store on Windows 10.  

I have gone into C:\Users\|myuserfolder\|AppData\Local\AirVPN and deleted default.xml to restart from a fresh configuration.  From a "Fresh" configuration I can fire up Eddie, go straight into the configuration, go to Protocols, uncheck Automatic, and select SSL 443, fire it up, and this still occurs.  I have verified this happens on multiple machines and on multiple networks.

What gives?  How can I resolve this issue?  Any help would be much appreciated!  If there is any other information I can provide to help resolve this, I'd be more than happy to oblige!

I also receive "curl: (7) Failed to connect to equuleus.airservers.org port 89: Connection refused" in the logs when connecting.

If there is any other information I can provide to help resolve this, I'd be more than happy to oblige!

This may help you shed some light on the issue(s)--->>>https://airvpn.org/topic/17440-guide-fix-for-tap-adapter-in-windows/

Hope it helps,

Flx

This occurs in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft OneNote, and in the Store on Windows 10.

Eddie App && Comodo F/W

---------------------------------------------------

Set openvpn.exe/airvpn.exe/stunnel.exe as "Outgoing Only/Allowed Application"

Set Outlook.exe/Store.exe/etc. as "Outgoing Only/Allowed Application"

in Comodo Firewall->Application Rules

Regards & Good Luck,

Flx

This occurs in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft OneNote, and in the Store on Windows 10.

Eddie App && Comodo F/W

Set openvpn.exe/airvpn.exe/stunnel.exe as "Outgoing Only/Allowed Application"

Set Outlook.exe/Store.exe/etc. as "Outgoing Only/Allowed Application"

in Comodo Firewall->Application Rules

Regards & Good Luck,

Flx

Hmm, I've never ran Comodo.  Should I install it and set it up as you recommend?  

I too experience the same error as free_refil.
===
if I open any Microsoft services after the VPN has been connected, it will prompt me that I need to sign in, then redirect me to a blank page that states "We are unable to connect right now.  Please check your network and try again later."  This occurs in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft OneNote, and in the Store on Windows 10.  
===

Strange thing is: this did not happen prior to refreshing my PC and laptop.
I do not want to install an extra firewall like comodo, I want AirVPN to work as expected, certainly for software which we paid for, and use my outlook email.

So how to resolve the issue?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

2 hours ago, cp_user512 said:

I do not want to install an extra firewall like comodo,

Installing Comodo or any other extra firewall is a choice...not a requirement when/if you use Eddie with Network Lock.
Most don't go down that route because they don't have the "luxury of time" it takes to configure it.

@cp_user512, Have you set up the gateway in TAP adapter? MS software relies on gateway to detect internet activity for who knows why. Go there and go to that website (macwheeler), it will guide you how to set up the gateway adapter in your TAP. Then it should fix the problem with MS software detecting internet activity.

I have tried all, but to no success.
Until I tried NoiselessOwl suggestion and it works!!

Thanks alot, you helped me out!