Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.147.122
methujeraya

Faking encrypted data to look like something else

Hi,

I'm on a mobile data plan that offers unlimited youtube but limited on everything else. I was wondering. Is there a way to fake my airvpn encrypted data to look like it was youtube data passing through and not something else?

I don't think they can look at the packet contents of youtube since it's also encrypted with HTTPS. yeah I don't know shit, any thoughts?

I'm on a mobile data plan that offers unlimited youtube but limited on everything else. I was wondering. Is there a way to fake my airvpn encrypted data to look like it was youtube data passing through and not something else?

No, that's not possible. After connecting with your VPN client, your whole traffic will be encrypted using OpenVPN. It will look like encrypted OpenVPN traffic and there is no way to fake it looking like something else or coming from a specific domain. If it's encrypted, it's encrypted.

I don't think they can look at the packet contents of youtube since it's also encrypted with HTTPS. yeah I don't know shit, any thoughts?

Your Mobile ISP still knows that the data is coming from the host youtube.com - even when you use HTTPS. This way, they are able to exclude it from your mobile traffic and data plan. Here is a good explanation: https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/86723/why-do-https-requests-include-the-host-name-in-clear-text?answertab=votes#tab-top This is of course only if you are not using OpenVPN - otherwise if you inspect the data traffic it will look like nonsense.