Not connected, Your IP: 3.93.59.171
creamteddy

unseen.is (email) gone (going) :(

it seems like unseen.is email (not chat etc.) has been rather flakey these few years?

a few of my email accounts have been down (a few of mine are up so far) about 10 days now 

and no end in sight.

there were some posts in the unseen community forum:

https://unseen.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

extra link (a volunteer created a place to communicate, no registration required to just

browse) :

https://discord.gg/jwadnv

now somebody posted something like no more new unseen email service is available 

(unseen will be p2p chat only) except old accounts would still work (how well???).

i liked using unseen (mostly email) as they don't track us (no google trackers etc.)

and no google captcha for registering.

(it's getting harder to stay away from google captcha ... google DNS, google ... ... ... )

i'm sad

Don't be. Posteo has been working for me for five years now, so I'd consider it stable for business use.

Other recommendations are in the thread What's your email provider?.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

okay, i will try posteo this time.

(i knew it's there but i was looking for services to use my domain for emailing.)

i'm still sad though

but we need to move on ...

thank your for the links

i knew it's there but i was looking for services to use my domain for emailing.

Yes, that is something you can't do with Posteo. It'd require them to save your personal data in Germany. I'm sorry.

This is bloody ludicrous, I have been seriously unwell since falling off a roof at work in Nov last year & because of it Im still unable to work.
I am currently awaiting the results of a chest X-ray & now next week I have an appointment at the breast cancer clinic, to have a big lump checked out thats now been found.
So as you can probably imagine, I have hardly touched a computer in the last year.
Then I got my daughter to post my password book to me ( Yes yes I Know )  :sorry:after leaving it at hers 85+ miles away from me.:no: you know what im gonna say next... :ok:Yep.. it went missing at the post office somewhere. So to the point finally, I had to change all my passwords & logins BUT when ive got to my @unseen.is accounts ( I have 4 [ I Think ] for my various projects, I find that THIS PAGE CANT BE FOUND and  it seems ive lost not just my email accounts, but also all my emails, my  addresses, my secondary log-ins saved Data etc etc. How can they do this?  and is there anyway to get into said accounts ???
I understand that ( for whatever reason ), they have had to discontinue hosting the sites. But surely after being with them for years we deserve better treatment and that they could have at least saved our accounts with all my information so I could retrieve all my vital data. :angry: This has for me really been an annus horribilis.  please someone tell me that there is a way to save my Data.

There seems to be a "mirror" at https://www.unseen.tw/. No guarantee anything still works (as last copyright is 2018), and absolutely no guarantee it's not a scam.

I've used ProtonMail for a long time now. They offer encrypted email and you can also have it end to end encrypt email for people outside of protonmail by changing settings too. It's worth a look. 

Recently I've found my email client hangs on certain US servers.  It's been an issue with Metallah for a long while, but recently a couple of others (my lousy memory has forgotten which) have displayed the same behavior.  A change of server always fixes it instantly.

hello,

unseen emailed me a notice around mid november last year (2020) 
which i will copy&paste (most of it) below.

it seems we can still use their p2p service (for chat?) but i haven't really tried.

so ...  they did warn us and about a year before that they emailed saying they were shutting down the email service 
(i switched my addresses and had been watching...  it seemed like it was working most of the time until the real shutdown 
i.e. oct 31 2020).   

b.t.w.  they "sold" my 2nd email address  ... now i sometimes see *strange*
emails to that address (that was used only for that unseen account).

Effective October 31, 2020, unseen.is will be terminating all services from Iceland. The company

has shut down.

You will need to archive any data you wish to preserve on the unseen.is chat or email servers.

No archives will be maintained and all drives will be shredded to protect user information.

Chat services will continue at unseen.tw, which is hosted in the US. Unfortunately, we did not

have resources to migrate your contacts to this service. You will need to get a new account there

and invite and connect with your contacts again.

Also, the p2p version of Unseen is available from communicator.unseen.is. Download and install

the software and share your certificate with your contacts. We believe this is the future of chat.

Chris Kitze

Unseen.is, Reykjavik,

Iceland