Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.242.165
crypto1.0

ANSWERED Not able to install TAP Adapter (Win7 64bit)

Hello,

i recently re installed my Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate on a new SSD and so i proceeded to install Eddie too. However i keep failing on making TAP Adapter working.

Eddie (i tried different versions, 2.15.2, 2.16.3 and 2.17.2) keep failing on its installation while connecting on a server. Even if i manually install it from AirVPN folder i'm not able to connect.

I then tried to download OpenVPN but i noticed i'm facing the same issue, whenever i try to connect on a server i get this error: All TAP-Windows adapters on this system are currently in use.

I tried then to create a tap adapter by running its utility, i don't get any error and it's actually created, but under the Device Manager they have a warning icon:

tap-adapter.png

And if i check on network Connection folder i have only my Local Area Connection.

I literally don't know what to do to make them work. The O.S. fresh installed. everything done under Admin Privileges (it's the only account)

Thank you in advance.

Hello!

Try to reset both adapters (or uninstall one of them) and make sure that no OpenVPN instance (or any other program which might be locking the tun/tap interface) is running when you then launch Eddie.

Select "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Network and Internet" > "Network and Sharing Center" > "Change adapter settings".

Right click on the tun/tap Windows adapter and select "Disable" from the contextual menu.

Right click on it again and select "Enable"

Kind regards

Thanks for answering,

when i go to "Change adapter settings" i don't have anything except my local connection:

net.png

As already reported only the Device Manager shows the Tap Adapter but with a warning icon. If i disable and re enable from there the problem persists:

tap2.png

Uninstall TAP 9.21.2 and try version 9.9.2_3. Disable driver upgrade in Eddie's advanced preferences first.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

The Certified® TAP Downgrading Expert is at it again..

But really, how can it be that a driver made for Win2k/XP still works better than the one for Vista+? Embarassing, really.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.