Not connected, Your IP: 54.173.221.132
Staff

Two new 1 Gbit/s servers available (CH)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that two new 1 Gbit/s servers located in Zurich (Switzerland) are available: Dorado and Sextans.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other "second generation" Air server, Dorado and Sextans support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.2 and tls-crypt.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Dorado and Sextans replace Kitalpha which will be dismissed within Nov 17th, 2018.  EDIT: by popular acclaim good old Kitalpha will NOT be canceled.

You can check the servers status as usual in our real time servers monitor:

https://airvpn.org/servers/dorado

https://airvpn.org/servers/sextans

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Dorado and Sextans replace Kitalpha which will be dismissed within Nov 17th, 2018.

AirVPN Team

And yet another replacement from other ASNs to M24/7 / AS9009.

If this trends keep to continue, i will probably not renew my account.

Regards

Dorado and Sextans replace Kitalpha which will be dismissed within Nov 17th, 2018.

AirVPN Team

And yet another replacement from other ASNs to M24/7 / AS9009.

If this trends keep to continue, i will probably not renew my account.

Regards

Hello!

You have already discussed about this months ago and then we replied that approximately 23% of our servers in Europe are in M247 datacenters. This percentage remains unaltered and goes down to 10% when you consider the global Air infrastructure. Such percentages are well inside the redundancy margin we keep for bandwidth, availability etc.,, so there's no reason to worry.

Kind regards

Hi,

Indeed i allready mentioned that, for me AS versatility is one big reason to use VPN in general, and the percentage is increasing (thats why im posting). I hope that youre right and when my current subscription ends (q3 2019) there are still some AS to choose from.

regards

Sorry for my ignorance but why is M24/7 bad?

It's quite good, it always receives, month after month, the first, second or third best feedback between all of our providers (feedback from AirVPN users we mean).

Kind regards

Sorry for my ignorance but why is M24/7 bad?

It's quite good, it always receives, month after month, the first, second or third best feedback between all of our providers (feedback from AirVPN users we mean).

Kind regards

Maybe so, BUT in my case it is not ..... WIlmaaTV doesn't work on those 2 new ones, only Kitalpha AND it seems streaming quailtiy is lower as well (more garble)

Noooooooooooooo, not Kitalpha!! This is my absolute favorite server when connecting from German Telecom and sure as hell will forever be. It's a mistake to take it down because that server is rock solid, very stable and provides max throughput without fail. M247 servers are not as reliable as Kitalpha ever was!

I don't know what kind of feedback from your users you mean but it's sure as hell not mine. It's like you are touching a running system, and you know what they say about running systems! In my opinion, you are making a mistake to migrate everything to M247, even the fully working parts of your server fleet. Please, pretty please, at least reconsider Kitalpha's datacenter again in the near future. That server was magical. Because if I move back to Telecom next year, chances are I will never see full throughput again with AirVPN, and that grinds my gears a bit.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I totally agree with giganerd. For me Kitalpha has always been the most reliable and fastest server in Switzerland. Shutting it down is a real shame ...

AS6830 (UPC/Aorta used by kitalpha) is a majoy enduser ISP in Germany/Swiss and so on... M24/7 / AS9009 on the other hand is known to be a big VPN-provider host (or many many VPN provider uses M24/7..), i also saw many blocks by cloudflare for example..

#savekitalpha

Maybe so, BUT in my case it is not ..... WIlmaaTV doesn't work on those 2 new ones, only Kitalpha AND it seems streaming quailtiy is lower as well (more garble)

This was the ONLY server on which everything worked like a charm especially Netflix Europe ALWAYS worked.

Nooooo... Not Kitalpha!! Please don't cancel it. AORTA's network can't be compared to M247. I also have many issues with M247 Swiss servers ie. instagram doesn't properly load, slow speeds most of the times, streaming is bad.

Please reconsider your decision. If anything, increase your server count with AORTA/Kitalpha hosts.

Should Kitalpha be decommissioned, I won't renew my accounts either (yes, that's accounts with an 's')

Hello!

By popular acclaim Kitalpha will not be canceled. Our previous decision was a consequence of the fact that Kitalpha has old hardware, no AES-NI supporting CPU and no IPv6 support. Since the datacenter could not offer IPv6 support, we decided to switch to a less obsolete infrastructure.

While nothing can be done for IPv6 support, it is possible that we can replace the server at least with an AES-NI supporting CPU (unavailable until some time ago, but now things might have changed), so that Kitalpha will be always in the same datacenter, but with a more modern hardware. If no AES-NI CPU is available, we will anyway keep Kitalpha as it is now. The advanced load balancing system works well and mitigates the bottlenecks caused by non-AES-NI supporting CPUs.

Kind regards

While nothing can be done for IPv6 support, it is possible that we can replace the server at least with an AES-NI supporting CPU (unavailable until some time ago, but now things might have changed), so that Kitalpha will be always in the same datacenter, but with a more modern hardware. If no AES-NI CPU is available, we will anyway keep Kitalpha as it is now.

A truly beneficial outcome when everyone is a winner. The DC for sure will offer IPv6 in future... they will have to if they want to keep providing hosting and network facilities into the 21st Century lol. Hopefully contract negotiation is smooth and hardware replacement goes off without a hitch.

Hello!

By popular acclaim Kitalpha will not be canceled. Our previous decision was a consequence of the fact that Kitalpha has old hardware, no AES-NI supporting CPU and no IPv6 support. Since the datacenter could not offer IPv6 support, we decided to switch to a less obsolete infrastructure.

While nothing can be done for IPv6 support, it is possible that we can replace the server at least with an AES-NI supporting CPU (unavailable until some time ago, but now things might have changed), so that Kitalpha will be always in the same datacenter, but with a more modern hardware. If no AES-NI CPU is available, we will anyway keep Kitalpha as it is now. The advanced load balancing system works well and mitigates the bottlenecks caused by non-AES-NI supporting CPUs.

Kind regards

You guys are the best, seriously!!! You listen to your customers and act accordingly

Thank you.

Thank you SO much! I mean it. When I used Kitalpha in the past Google acclimated to its permanent IP address and I never saw a CAPTCHA. Paying processors like PayPal and Paysafe worked as if it was a residential line. All while having active torrents seeding with max throughput. That's what was so magical about that server for me and why I pleaded to at least reconsider the datacenter because I think other servers from that AS might be as functional. I'm glad my plea didn't fall on deaf ears, or rather, blind eyes.

About IPv6: Yes, this is in fact considerable and is a setback, seeing as almost all servers are able to speak IPv6 and Kitalpha seems to be the odd one out. I hope the datacenter gets their shit together in the near future.

About old hardware: Also something to look out for. Glad it's possible to upgrade it, though.

Thanks again

Sent via Tapatalk.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thank you SO much! I mean it. When I used Kitalpha in the past Google acclimated to its permanent IP address and I never saw a CAPTCHA. Paying processors like PayPal and Paysafe worked as if it was a residential line. All while having active torrents seeding with max throughput.

Yup...blends in as a normal ISP IP.

About IPv6: Yes, this is in fact considerable and is a setback, seeing as almost all servers are able to speak IPv6 and Kitalpha seems to be the odd one out. I hope the datacenter gets their shit together in the near future.

IPv6 can be provided by an AirVPN Generation 2 server.

Hi,

big thanks! Glad to you see you listen to the community!

Kind regards

Hello!

By popular acclaim Kitalpha will not be canceled. .

Kind regards