Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.230.43
milkaca

Port forward on ISP router

Hi I have Raspberry Pi where I use VPN with network lock and do some port forward under the "Client Area". Is it possible to configure static route to be able to use port forward on ISP router.

Thank you in advance.

Ok, I figure it our you need to add this into ovpn file: 

pull-filter ignore "redirect-gateway"

Now my next question is how to setup that when using Eddie and is it possible to use it together with Network Lock feature?

I am currently playing with both. My initial idea was to use port forward on my home router not via Client Area. Preferred would be with Eddie client, but I have no idea how to configure it, because routes are created automatically and if I use settings from my previous post, all routes will be removed and no traffic will go over VPN.

I am currently playing with both. My initial idea was to use port forward on my home router not via Client Area. Preferred would be with Eddie client, but I have no idea how to configure it, because routes are created automatically and if I use settings from my previous post routes will be removed and no traffic will go over VPN.

OK, either way (router, or eddie) you must create a port forward rule in the client area on this web site.  The servers must know to forward a port to you. 

If you use your raspi as openvpn client then you must create some iptables rules I imagine, much like other routers.  Though I'm not sure as I've never used one.  Anyway, the iptables rules basically tell the OS to forward traffic from the openvpn interface to whatever LAN device.  Your ISP router can remain untouched, as the VPN tunnel (between raspi and VPN server) contains all traffic and can't be manipulated by the ISP router anyway.

If using eddie it's easier.  Once a rule is created in client area on this web site it should just work for any server listening on the same device that's running eddie.  Again, do not touch the ISP router.

Oh, and make sure your server is listening on the port that is setup in the rule you create in client area.

Oh, I see. So it is not possible. My problem is that I would like to have the same ports locally and on Client Area.

I mean I can configure all ports locally to be equal to the ports on Client Area, but they are just harder to remember.