Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.46.191

Hi

I'm on the Dabih server and can't load www.imdb.com

Cheers

I've also been having trouble accessing IMDB for the last two days. It works sometimes and sometimes I just get a "Server Not Found" error. I've tried different servers, several browsers, clearing my browser cache and refreshing the page and it's still totally random when and for how long it will load and when it won't.

IMDB is the only site I'm having this problem with and the first time I've had a problem with any site in over a year.

Edit:  I forgot to mention I use the Toronto, Ontario servers.

Same here. I've tried a number of American servers (Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey) and IMDB still won't connect. If there's a chance that changing the DNS servers will cause a leak (as mentioned in the link above) then we need a fix.

And, for a week or so now, same here too. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn’t, irrespective of which AirVPN server.

Can staff ask techs to look into this most annoying hiccup?

cheers,

https://dd.us.imdb.com (which is also imdb.com CNAME record) seems correctly configured so you can point to it if the problem on their side goes on.

which then just gives more of the same old, no matter reload (as per attachment)

Since everyone both here and "in the thread mentioned by psychlops" merrily connects without AirVPN, it seems safe to assume there’s some troubleshooting in hand at your end.

So please, do advance at your earliest convenience.

cheers,

The strange thing, at least to me, is that the ip address works (if you accept the security issue) even though the FQDN doesn't. 

Try  https://52.94.225.248, which works for me and I used 'nslookup imdb.com' on the same air server. Strange.

https://dd.us.imdb.com (which is also imdb.com CNAME record) seems correctly configured so you can point to it if the problem on their side goes on.

which then just gives more of the same old, no matter reload (as per attachment)

Since everyone both here and "in the thread mentioned by psychlops" merrily connects without AirVPN, it seems safe to assume there’s some troubleshooting in hand at your end.

There is no problem on our end. The misconfiguration of imdb.com DNS has been confirmed twice by two different specialized services. Of course this is a different problem than the blocking one (when our servers are blocked by imdb web server and/or imdb authoritative DNS) but both of such problems are on imdb side. On our side we can only intervene with tricks to bypass blocks of the mentioned second scenario.

Also it is not true that you can connect merrily to imdb.com without AirVPN. We detect the identical problems from Italian ISPs (using ISP DNS) residential lines.

Kind regards

I'm still waiting on an explanation of why IMDb works 100% of the time when not connected to AirVPN and just using my ISPs DNS servers (AT&T). It also works fine 100% of the time via my cell phone service (also AT&T).

Also, doing a search on Google, the only recent place I see people complaining of connection/DNS issues with IMDb is on this message board. In addition, I've tried quite a few sites used to test if a site is down for everyone or just me, and they all consistently say IMDb is up and working.

This situation isn't OK, regardless of who is at fault. My subscription is up soon, and if this isn't fixed by then, it's time for me to move to another VPN provider that can reliably connect to IMDb.

yeah, the situation is not as straight forwarded as AirVPN staff claims, because if I use the workaround proposed by sanction9, IMDB does work consistently...

that means the AirVPN DNS servers are at least one part of the problem...

Agree with BeefJerky

No issue connecting to IMDB outside of AirVPN.

No issue connecting to IMDB using another VPN I have.

Just an issue when using AirVPN.

It might help if you change your DNS settings. See my second post in this thread (click here)

is there any issue/danger with this approach ? will this expose the real IP ?