Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.12.0
Staff

Eddie Android edition 1.0 released

Is Fdroid support coming anytime soon?

Hello!

Yes, this is planned in a very near future.

Kind regards

My main concern however, is that even though the SSL tunnel didn't work, and thus left my connection open, even though i got a notification mentioning an error, opening the app to investigate registers the network as "locked" even though this is clearly not the case.

In such a case, it is crucial that the app inform the user that the network is NOT LOCKED, and therefore UNSECURED.

Hello!

We can't reproduce this issue. For further investigation please open a ticket.

Kind regards

Hello,

I am running Android 7.0 on an LG K10 smartphone.
Unfortunately, Eddie will not recover the previous connection after I wake the phone from sleep mode. No warning or anything; I just find out by chance that Eddie is disconnected.

Also, my banking apps hang whenever Eddie is running and connected. 

None of this is a problem with OpenVPN.

Best regards,

I just tried it on my Moto G6 with Android 8. It is far from reliable. It drops the connection seemingly randomly even when the option to maintain a connection is enabled. It does not lock the connection when it disconnects, despite enabling the option to do just that. And it cannot ever know of more than one single server at a time. So to switch servers, you have to manually load up the ovpn file for the one you want. And even that much does not work half the time.

I am done for now. I applaud the effort, but I will wait until it is a more finished product before I try it again.

Good day.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

Hi can you also put this on F-Driod so those of us who don't use Google Services can install.

Hello!

Yes, this is planned in a very near future. In the meantime you can download the apk from our own repository, check the first message of this thread.

Kind regards

The app has definitely made progress since the initial release but I still have to use OpenVPN for Android as Eddie doesn't play well with AdGuard. If AdGuard is enabled and the VPN is disconnected, OpenVPN for Android has no trouble reconnecting. Eddie, on the other hand, fails to reconnect. Just wondering how I could help fix this because I'd love to use Eddie but don't want to lose AdGuard because of it.

I concur, thank you to the development team for progress made till date.

Compatibility with AdGuard is an issue as it does not get paused automatically or incorrectly when the 'Connect' -button in Eddie is pressed.

Through some testing of my own AdGuard gets paused

- when Eddie application opens or takes the focus however

- when the 'Connect' -button is pressed AdGuard resumes and Eddie reports VPN has been locked.

In comparison OpenVPN for Android does not pause AdGuard any earlier than when VPN profile gets selected. I.e. just opening the OpenVPN for Android does not pause AdGuard; selecting a profile for connection does.

I use OpenVPN For Android since it allows me to use the two apps I probably use more than any others whereas when I use Android Eddie I cannot get them to work at all.

The applications use my normal/simple home network to wirelessly connect to and control audio devices. The apps are "Naim" and "Cambridge Connect". Whitelisting makes no difference.

I sign nothing, much

Still getting older....

The applications use my normal/simple home network to wirelessly connect to and control audio devices. The apps are "Naim" and "Cambridge Connect". Whitelisting makes no difference.

Hello!

From your description you might need the traffic of those applications OUTSIDE the VPN tunnel, so you should black list, and not white list, them.

• If you choose to filter according to a white list, applications in the white list will be the only ones whose traffic is tunneled.
  • If you choose to filter according to a black list, all applications will have their traffic tunneled except those ones which are included in the black list.

Kind regards

Hello!

From your description you might need the traffic of those applications OUTSIDE the VPN tunnel, so you should black list, and not white list, them.

• If you choose to filter according to a white list, applications in the white list will be the only ones whose traffic is tunneled.
  • If you choose to filter according to a black list, all applications will have their traffic tunneled except those ones which are included in the black list.

Kind regards

Yes, not quite sure why I wrote 'Whitelist'! I have them blacklisted but have tried whitelisting all but them too which I would not normally do!

Sorry about that.

I sign nothing, much

Still getting older....

Tested on a Moto G4 with LineageOS (android)

It crashes when I tap the Connect button.

So I stick to OpenVPN for Android for now.

By the way, may I request automatic firewall setting for future version, just like in the PC version ?

Tested on a Moto G4 with LineageOS (android)

It crashes when I tap the Connect button.

So I stick to OpenVPN for Android for now

Noted, thank you. Would you have the option to send us the logcat pertaining to the crash? Can you also tell us which Lineage you run?

We can't see any crash report on the Play Store pertaining to a device like yours. You might also like to test Eddie Android 2.0 beta 2 (beta 2 is being released during the next hours).

By the way, may I request automatic firewall setting for future version, just like in the PC version ?

Any request is legitimate of course, but this one can not be satisfied unfortunately. The application would need root privileges to manipulate the packet filtering table of the system, and this is not possible on non-rooted devices. The aim of Eddie Android edition is any un-rooted device.

Kind regards

I can't find the log showing the crash, it reinitiates everytime I restart the app.

I don't use Google Play, I try to avoid google services as much as I can. I've downloaded the apk from you.

OK I'll watch for that new version.

As for my request, I have a rooted device so this could be cool for people like me, as an "expert" option, but this is just a suggestion of course

OK so I've installed the latest 2.0 beta version.

I can connect Airvpn with credentials but tapping the Connect button makes the app crash all the same.

You have the log attached from the moment I press the button. Hope that helps.

logEddie1.txt

OK so I've installed the latest 2.0 beta version.

I can connect Airvpn with credentials but tapping the Connect button makes the app crash all the same.

Thank you. Can you please also connect in UDP (you don't need to import a new profile, you can use the automatic connection or the server list) and check whether it crashes or not?

Kind regards

Same config, UDP works :)

Hello and thank you very much for the information.

Maybe that's a beta issue : I can't see which server I'm connected to, only its IP.

It should be visible (when you use manual or quick connect to AirVPN servers, not when you import a profile) in the "Connection status" view, can you please check? Only version 2.0.

Kind regards