Not connected, Your IP: 52.54.111.228
j0pad0pa

Comodo Firewall No Longer Working with AirVPN?

I understand that with the new Eddie version, the Comodo Firewall settings are no longer up to date.  I am now getting a whole slew of errors (e.g., not connecting, IPv6 tunnel errors, connection loops, etc.).  Instead of trying to fix the problem, I shut the entire firewall down and went back to the basic Windows 8.1 firewall on default settings.  At least now airvpn is connecting.

There used to be a sticky tutorial here on the AirVPN forums on how to configure Comodo Firewall with AirVPN, but I do not see it anymore (nor can I find it).

Is it safe to assume that Comodo Firewall is no longer recommended by the admins?

If it is still recommended, what is the recommended setup?

Warm regards,
Jopa

Excellent questions, I am experiencing the same problems, and would be interested in learning more about possible solutions. My previous methods of setting up Comodo to work with uTorrent 2.2.1 and AirVPN no longer seem to work (I'm getting the "no connection" error messages from uTorrent), and neither can I find the tutorial that used to be posted here (that I'm sure I bookmarked) which directed me to the correct way to setup the Comodo rules.

Furthermore, the moment uTorrent loads, I get a Comodo Firewall alert popup, informing me "uTorrent.exe is trying to connect to the Internet", then under "Allow", "Block", or "Treat As"... Treat As doesn't even provide the option to select the ruleset that I created specifically for uTorrent/AirVPN. The only available option to allow uTorrent to work is "Allowed Application", which allows Comodo to create its own rules for uTorrent, thus defeating my purpose.

And of course my subscription to AirVPN is up for renewal in 7 days, and am now wondering if this excellent service has been rendered obsolete.

While you are waiting for an answer, maybe a BitTorrent client which binds to the tun interface will be sufficient? I mean, you are using two closed source softwares for this and no one knows what happens inside them. Why don't you ditch them and use open source, such as qBittorrent or Transmission? I know it doesn't solve your problem but consider it, it's much easier.

Is it safe to assume that Comodo Firewall is no longer recommended by the admins?

So if there is no update on a guide you assume the software for which the guide is written is not recommended anymore? I'd like to know more on how you came to that conclusion without an official message from the original poster or some mod or Staff...

And of course my subscription to AirVPN is up for renewal in 7 days, and am now wondering if this excellent service has been rendered obsolete.

What the..

Your favourite software stopped working because of unknown reasons, so you conclude that it's time to move away from AirVPN?

Not wanting to be silly, but guys, it's 5 minutes till midnight here, and you just made my day. Something doesn't work anymore, and panic and fear are already spreading.. I still propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

While you are waiting for an answer, maybe a BitTorrent client which binds to the tun interface will be sufficient? I mean, you are using two closed source softwares for this and no one knows what happens inside them. Why don't you ditch them and use open source, such as qBittorrent or Transmission?

Thank you, for your helpful suggestion (...the snarky parts were only mildly amusing, and not very helpful). I will give qBittorrent a try.

I  understand that with the new Eddie version, the Comodo Firewall settings are no longer up to date. 

No longer up to date in what way?

I am now getting a whole slew of errors (e.g., not connecting, IPv6 tunnel errors, connection loops, etc.). 

Use Native OpenVPN for a change.

trying to fix the problem,

Already explained in this GUIDE--->> https://airvpn.org/topic/17440-guide-fix-for-tap-adapter-in-windows/

I shut the entire firewall down and went back to the basic Windows 8.1 firewall on default settings.  At least now airvpn is connecting.

Nothing was achieved there.

There used to be a sticky tutorial here on the AirVPN forums on how to configure Comodo Firewall with AirVPN, but I do not see it anymore (nor can I find it).

As said and again you have your answer in the GUIDE.

Recommended or not use what you like. No one is forcing you to use Comodo.

If it is still recommended, what is the recommended setup?

You have it in this ------>>>>>https://airvpn.org/topic/3405-windows-comodo-prevent-leaks/

@MODS @Stuff Already replied to this but I see it was not posted.

Well that's ok....if you don't care/like my post @ least send a 'message"/--->>Not related to the topic/we cannot post this for whatever reason.

Regards,

Flx

While you are waiting for an answer, maybe a BitTorrent client which binds to the tun interface will be sufficient? I mean, you are using two closed source softwares for this and no one knows what happens inside them. Why don't you ditch them and use open source, such as qBittorrent or Transmission?

Thank you, for your helpful suggestion (...the snarky parts were only mildly amusing, and not very helpful). I will give qBittorrent a try.

I'm sorry for the snarky parts, if you somehow felt offended. But you are sounding like your "faith" to an excellent service such as AirVPN depends on the compatibility with a certain software rather than the service and its features as a whole. Remember that you can use any software here, you are not bound to COMODO as the implementation for NetLock.

I'm sorry for the snarky parts, if you somehow felt offended. But you are sounding like your "faith" to an excellent service such as AirVPN depends on the compatibility with a certain software rather than the service and its features as a whole. Remember that you can use any software here, you are not bound to COMODO as the implementation for NetLock.

Apology accepted. Also, I downloaded and took a quick look at qBittorrent, and I LOVE what I'm seeing. Will likely replace uTorrent with it, the moment I have more time to get into it. I appreciate all the good information you have provided here. And, I agree that AirVPN has been an excellent service, as I have been a customer for 5 years now, and will be renewing my subscription.

I replaced uTorrent with it as well back when I still used Windows but it was because uTorrent had some severe problems; it burned through my RAM very quickly and eventually froze Windows when I wanted to download a torrent with files > 20-30 GiB. qBittorrent was something to get used to after some 5+ years of continuous uTorrent use but I don't regret the switch in any way. In the long run qBittorrent, as a cross-platform application, made my switch to Linux much less painful because I could simply move the data from Windows to Linux with a few smaller adjustments like setting new paths for example.

To achieve similar functionality to Eddie's NetLock for "critical data", i.e., torrenting for me, without the connectivity issues you regularly hear around NetLock (and because I am not paranoid), I bind qBittorrent to the tun0 interface so that any connection qBittorrent makes will be made through tun0. If there is a problem, qB will say so, but all transfers will not work.