Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.255.134

Hi Guys. I'm a newbie in the world of vpn. I use AirVPN from a PC, it works well. But I can not get it to work from my Zyxel Nas326. In particular from the Transmission app.

I made a forward of a door to be assigned to the app and so far everything is OK, the door is set correctly. I enter it in the Transmission configuration but it does not work properly and the "door closed" warning appears.

Any help to configure the nas?

Thank you in advance.

You can't forward a port to a NAS when you're running AirVPN (Eddie) on a PC.  You must run AirVPN on the NAS or run an openvpn client on a router/gateway.

Thanks for the reply. I do not think there is a version of Eddie-UI for my nas. And my modem / router has no chance to run an openvpn client.

Do you think that if I put the following gateway between nas and routers I would solve?

I know those can do openvpn but the openvpn speed will be slow.  About 17mbit/s is what they claim IIRC.

I get it. Do you have any suggestions to give me for a better solution?

Either get a more powerful router/gateway that uses an AES-NI CPU and run something like pfsense on it, or get a more powerful NAS that can run openvpn itself.