Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.13.201
Sign in to follow this  
AncientPumpkin

After a crash, my DL speeds are acting VERY weird with our without VPN

Hi! Hope you're doing well.

I'm having some problems with airvpn and thought you could help me with it.

The whole issue started when my PC suffered from a crash while connected to AirVPN through Eddie (with all default settings, net lock enabled).

Since then, my internet connection is acting very weird, connected to the VPN or not.

- My bandwidth (that I pay for) is 250mbps Down

- When I do a speedtest, it spits out a result in the range of [0.1,0.5]mbps down

- However, up speeds are fine (~20mbps)

- The DL is overally very slow and stuttery, but sites such as youtube work just fine (I looked at the Performance Monitor in Task Manager and when watching YouTube videos, it jumps up to even 180mbps, just like it should). That means that even though speedtests give me a very bad reading and I can't really connect to most sites (reddit, for example, takes about 10 minutes to load), on YouTube I can watch 1080p or even 4K videos without any stuttering

-Similar sites: Twitch, Netflix - don't work AT ALL. They can't even load pictures. Just the text. After waiting for about a minute.

- What the hell is going on?

I'm using an up-to-date x64 Windows 10 Home. I tried setting the DNS settings to automatic. I tried doing the 'Network reset' option in Windows 10. Tried resetting firewall. Tried reinstalling, uninstalling, installing Eddie over and over. Tried flushing the dns cache. Tried to call my IPS (they said everything is fine on their end). Please, can you point me into what could be wrong?

Give this a try, it might fix the problem:

Go to Eddie--> Settings  ---> Protoctols --> Uncheck Automatic. Select UDP 443 Entry 3   (IP 3)

Go to Eddie--> Settings  ---> Protoctols --> Uncheck Automatic. Select UDP 443 Entry 3   (IP 3)

It was a nice try, but unfortunately nothing changed

It was a nice try, but unfortunately nothing changed

a

Try to change it to TCP and then Try SSL or SSH.

Hope these work for you.