Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.72.78

Hi

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 8.0 and having issues with the VPN disconnecting after a few minutes (<1 hour) of not using the device. This happens with both OpenVPN for Android & the Eddie - OpenVPN GUI.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling OpenVPN for Android as well as deleted the config files and redownloaded them, but still doing so.
Power Saving mode is off & I've also tried switching to other modes (Game/Entertainment/High performance).
Does anyone know why/how to fix this?
Apologies if this has already been discussed in another post/thread, I had a look but couldn't find anything, happy to use such a thread if you can point me to it.

Thank you.

The log outputs could be interesting.

There were similar connection aborts on my mobile which is running ResurrectionRemix 5.8.5 (Android 7.1.2). The prominent error was "Software caused connection abort". But this message would appear at unpredictable time intervals. Sometimes immediately after connection, and sometimes it would run for a whole day at work without a fuss. Mostly it happened when the display was turned off or when in Doze. It was neither the battery optimization nor the low memory killer, I figured. So, your logs could provide some more insight.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Have you tried OpenVPN Connect? I find that works well, also make sure "Use LZO Compression" is ticked in settings, also (for the last poster) make sure to uncheck "Turn off (or was it Pause) VPN while screen is blank".