Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.214.123
Staff

Five new 1 Gbit/s servers available (US)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that five new 1 Gbit/s servers located in Dallas  (TX, USA) are available: Ara, Corvus, Fafnir, Monoceros, Pictor.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other "second generation" Air server, they support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.2 and tls-crypt.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN Team

Ouch. Perhaps that explains all the problems we've experienced over the last few days. AirVPN was once the most reliable, months of never dropping connections. Not anymore. This is a mess.

Switched off of Bootes in Phoenix because Google Drive transit was kilobytes per second. Switched back to Corvus and it's down again. These new servers are raw garbage. 

I just wanted to chime in and agree that these servers are consistently terrible. I really hope AirVPN can get those other Dallas servers up soon, because this current situation is not OK.

Man, it just seems to get worse and worse with these servers. Not to mention all the issues with the Atlanta servers as of late. If AirVPN doesn't get these issues under control, I will definitely not be renewing my service when the time comes.

Ara had been pretty steady until today.  Now it's down with high packet loss.

I wonder if the same problem affecting the new Atlanta servers is affecting these Dallas ones?  Some new hardware, software, etc.?

Am I the only one who also seems to experience regular DNS issues with these servers? It will just stop resolving DNS servers, and I have to disconnect and reconnect. It's definitely these servers, as other servers work fine. AirVPN, please get these issues under control; this is beyond ridiculous!

Am I the only one who also seems to experience regular DNS issues with these servers? It will just stop resolving DNS servers, and I have to disconnect and reconnect. It's definitely these servers, as other servers work fine. AirVPN, please get these issues under control; this is beyond ridiculous!

Yep, same problems here!

Same. Becoming quite frustrating...

Seems all these issues started cropping up around the same time they launched their new DNS fixes to allow Netflix to work again. Maybe it's unrelated... maybe it's just these new servers. But so far, I'm having issues with all servers at the moment, not just the new ones.

I kept killing the Dallas servers over the weekend trying to download. I eventually opened a support request, response was:

Either there's something wrong at hardware level (but the network interface seems right...) or there's something we don't understand. We think we need on site support from the dc technicians.

Then the request was closed Saturday afternoon with no real additional information provided. 

No communication from any of the AirVPN team in this or other threads about the Dallas servers either.

I guess we're just to suffer in the dark? 

I kept killing the Dallas servers over the weekend trying to download. I eventually opened a support request, response was:

Either there's something wrong at hardware level (but the network interface seems right...) or there's something we don't understand. We think we need on site support from the dc technicians.

Then the request was closed Saturday afternoon with no real additional information provided.

No communication from any of the AirVPN team in this or other threads about the Dallas servers either.

I guess we're just to suffer in the dark?

So you're the guy who's is killing it.

It seems odd that staff hasn't addressed this yet.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

These Dallas servers continue to be useless.  Just in the last hour I was connected to Corvus, then Monoceros, then Pictor - all of them going down forcing me to connect to a different server.  Now using an Atlanta server.

I killed each of them in turn trying to download a single 250 gigabyte file at 50 megabyte/sec. When I put in a support request last week about it, the response was "yup, they're going down" with the support request then closed.

I guess it's time to move on to a different VPN provider. 

Well, that's a bit harsh. You have to give those guys some time to fix the problems with these new servers. It'll surely take some time... 

I killed each of them in turn trying to download a single 250 gigabyte file at 50 megabyte/sec. When I put in a support request last week about it, the response was "yup, they're going down" with the support request then closed.

I guess it's time to move on to a different VPN provider. 

Of course they shouldn't be going down.  However, don't be upset about the support request being closed.  That's just normal.  You can always reply on the same ticket if you think it'll help matters.

are people still having problems with these?

Yup. All but one listed with "line problems" at the moment. 

Yes.  It's been about a month of terrible connectivity for all of the Dallas servers. Over 3 years with Airvpn, never an issue -- now this AVP is almost unusable.  I bounced here after rolling from VPN provider to VPN provider -- and I thought I'd found home.

In case some one asks: I've tried 2.16.3, 2.16.2 and older clients, this includes removing tap as well as AVP client.

Yes.  It's been about a month of terrible connectivity for all of the Dallas servers. Over 3 years with Airvpn, never an issue -- now this AVP is almost unusable.  I bounced here after rolling from VPN provider to VPN provider -- and I thought I'd found home.

In case some one asks: I've tried 2.16.3, 2.16.2 and older clients, this includes removing tap as well as AVP client.

It's not you, it's the Dallas servers.  Just use other servers for now if they aren't working.

There are plenty of options and if you understand Air's explanation in the OP I hope you can see they were put in a bad position and had to rush to get some (temporary?) replacements.  So, a little forgiveness is probably welcome at this point.

Yes. It's been about a month of terrible connectivity for all of the Dallas servers. Over 3 years with Airvpn, never an issue -- now this AVP is almost unusable. I bounced here after rolling from VPN provider to VPN provider -- and I thought I'd found home.

It's not you, it's the Dallas servers. Just use other servers for now if they aren't working.

There are plenty of options and if you understand Air's explanation in the OP I hope you can see they were put in a bad position and had to rush to get some (temporary?) replacements. So, a little forgiveness is probably welcome at this point.

Love the Dallas location but when it started having issues moved to pheonix for the time being.

This has to be said, they're based in Italy and have to contract their work here in the USA so it might take a while to find a suitable location and a trustworthy contractor.

Love the Dallas location but when it started having issues moved to pheonix for the time being.

This has to be said, they're based in Italy and have to contract their work here in the USA so it might take a while to find a suitable location and a trustworthy contractor.

They should ask their server provider to buy Dallas servers from the same source they buy their Atlanta servers. 

The Dallas location has been in suck VPN mode for several days. And it still is as of 2018-08-28 at 2200 CDT.  I known I can use other locations, but I get much lower latency from Dallas, when it works.

I get 16ms pings from Dallas and the lowest from Chicago or anywhere else is 65 or much higher and way, way up out there.  The latency is slow enough that my wife asks me to check it for her. Never a good sign for the professional (retired) in house IT guy when your wife thinks your network solution sucks or there is somthing wrong with the network.

I have been an AirVPN Member Since 14 Jun 2013. I have faith that AirVPN will fix Dallas or get some other Southern USA servers going.  They have never once in my five years and two months and two weeks not done exactly what they stated they would do or were doing. I do not have any skin in the game. I pay full price like all 'normal' customers, but you do not need another VPN if you are on AirVPN.

PS: Note to AirVPN... Go Fix Dallas.

MVirgilStone59

Regards,
M.Virgil Stone Sends...

The Dallas location has been in suck VPN mode for several days. And it still is as of 2018-08-28 at 2200 CDT.  I known I can use other locations, but I get much lower latency from Dallas, when it works.

I get 16ms pings from Dallas and the lowest from Chicago or anywhere else is 65 or much higher and way, way up out there.  The latency is slow enough that my wife asks me to check it for her. Never a good sign for the professional (retired) in house IT guy when your wife thinks your network solution sucks or there is somthing wrong with the network.

I have been an AirVPN Member Since 14 Jun 2013. I have faith that AirVPN will fix Dallas or get some other Southern USA servers going.  They have never once in my five years and two months and two weeks not done exactly what they stated they would do or were doing. I do not have any skin in the game. I pay full price like all 'normal' customers, but you do not need another VPN if you are on AirVPN.

PS: Note to AirVPN... Go Fix Dallas.

MVirgilStone59

Since these Dallas servers have been so glitchy I've setup my pfsense box with a gateway group.  Dallas server tier 1, Atlanta server tier 2.  Twice today it's failed over to Atlanta, then back to Dallas when it's working.

So, I'm not stressing now.  Nothing bothers me more than my wife saying she switched off wifi and went to cellular but didn't tell me she was having problems!