Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.178.126
Staff

Five new 1 Gbit/s servers available (US)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that five new 1 Gbit/s servers located in Dallas  (TX, USA) are available: Ara, Corvus, Fafnir, Monoceros, Pictor.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other "second generation" Air server, they support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.2 and tls-crypt.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

These servers are fast, work great. Am able to stream mlb, Netflix on them just fine. However, Youtube and Youtube TV are horrendously slow on your new servers. Can't even keep a very low resolution stream playing. No problems with it on Chicago servers though.

Guess it's just me then but these servers are terrible. They take forever to connect and when they finally connect half the time nothing loads for a good 30-60 seconds. Can't even fully run a speed test on half of the new servers. Either speedtest won't start or will download but never upload. They are also incredibly slow at disconnecting also. I'm even in the DFW area and having these problems. Maybe it's an ISP issue to these servers with TWC, Spectrum, Charter what ever they are called for today. LOL

The Arizona servers act better but latency is pretty bad, download speed is down by about 40 meg and upload is only 1meg vs 10-11 I can get when I can get on the Dallas servers.

Maybe it's the older Eddie client that isn't working well with these new servers.

I guess I'll give the Atlanta servers a go. I was using Sagittarius I believe although I thought I was connecting to some C server in Dallas or Chicago up until yesterday but I don't see it listed so maybe it was in fact Sag I was on and it was nearly an instant connection and great speeds.

I also noticed the refresh on servers for lat/speed seems to do absolutely nothing anymore. Again maybe a biproduct of an older Eddie. Considering the Lat on the Arizona servers is 50+ yet the Dal servers it was only 13-16 and they are below Arizona when sorted by Lat. Guess I need to update Eddie and see if anything changes.

To elaborate on the Dallas server problems. I just tried connecting to Pictor and it hangs on Checking route forever. I click cancel and it's been trying to cancel for the past 45 seconds at least. I've also noticed while it wasn't connected and after I hit cancel it acts as though the network isn't locked even though it's set to be locked in the options. I was still able to pull this page up to edit this post while the connection wasn't connected fully (per what was displayed in Eddie) and the fact I hit cancel well before even typing airvpn.org on the address bar. Maybe just Eddie problems but I didn't have these issues until the newer servers.

Just took 12.1 seconds to connect to Fafnir now and got a speedtest right off 14ms 179meg/11meg. Sure doesn't act like that with the Pictor server. LOL Maybe it has issues.

These servers have been good for me until now.  Corvus just stopped giving access to the internet.  I couldn't ping an IP or anything.  But, I could still ping the VPN gateway, so the tunnel was up.

Connected to a different location for now.

Yea I just noticed the web browsing (page loading) turned to crap on Fafnir which I was getting great speed with speedtest. Frankly my actual ISP speed. All of a sudden no pages would load. :-( Currently trying out Mico in Chicago I guess. Funny isn't said to be Chicago when Speedtests sees the closest test point in MD. Well scratch Micro in Chicago also. I refreshed the test page and it couldn't even find a test server. Onto another server to test. Maybe the trusted and true Alkaid is still working right. UGH lost 75meg and have 5 times the ping. Was also slow as hell loading pages after it was connected. I don't know what seems to be going on with servers in the US today but man. It's getting rough.

These servers have been good for me until now.  Corvus just stopped giving access to the internet.  I couldn't ping an IP or anything.  But, I could still ping the VPN gateway, so the tunnel was up.

Yea I just noticed the web browsing (page loading) turned to crap on Fafnir which I was getting great speed with speedtest. Frankly my actual ISP speed. All of a sudden no pages would load. :-( Currently trying out Mico in Chicago I guess. Funny isn't said to be Chicago when Speedtests sees the closest test point in MD.

Fafnir is currently being used heavily by somebody.  Maybe that's why your speed went down?  Certainly doesn't look like a problem with that server.

Yea I just noticed the web browsing (page loading) turned to crap on Fafnir which I was getting great speed with speedtest. Frankly my actual ISP speed. All of a sudden no pages would load. :-( Currently trying out Mico in Chicago I guess. Funny isn't said to be Chicago when Speedtests sees the closest test point in MD.

Fafnir is currently being used heavily by somebody.  Maybe that's why your speed went down?  Certainly doesn't look like a problem with that server.

Don't know where your seeing that since that stats page shows: "8 / 1000 Mbit/s" and only 37 people connected. Even if someone was heavily using it I highly doubt it would be so much to where a basic web page wouldn't even load. Seems Corvis has a status with High Packet Loss which is why it tanked.

Fafnir just updated with low packet loss. I expect this to become more widespread since they all have been problematic this morning.

Don't know where your seeing that since that stats page shows: "8 / 1000 Mbit/s" and only 37 people connected. Even if someone was heavily using it I highly doubt it would be so much to where a basic web page wouldn't even load. Seems Corvis has a status with High Packet Loss which is why it tanked.

Fafnir just updated with low packet loss. I expect this to become more widespread since they all have been problematic this morning.

You must have missed it because for a while it was over 800mbit/s usage, with one person in the top 10 speed section at 380mbit/s on Fafnir.  Then a couple minutes later it was very little usage.

You must have missed it because for a while it was over 800mbit/s usage, with one person in the top 10 speed section at 380mbit/s on Fafnir.  Then a couple minutes later it was very little usage.

They probably overworked it and blew it up. Now it's hanging on by a thread which is why there are problems with it. LOL Sure would be nice to have an 800meg connection. Think about that bill. LOL

On Pictor now, and it hasn't crapped out yet. 

Hmmm I has having a hell of a time trying to connect to it this morning. Would just hang in Eddie. Maybe it's sorted. Fafnir is done upgraded to High Packet Loss.

Just like this morning stuck at Checking route in Eddie when trying to connect to Pictor. Yet I have new email from Xnotifier extension and I can browse pages. Which leads me to believe network lock isn't working properly. Eddie hasn't completed the connection according to the program anyway yet I can browse and check email etc.

We'll see if it craps out too.

Currently more is being sucked then it provides. Seems as if someone is intentionally overloading and crashing the servers.

Sitting at 1045/1000

We'll see if it craps out too.

Currently more is being sucked then it provides. Seems as if someone is intentionally overloading and crashing the servers.

Sitting at 1045/1000

Old Dallas server Volans used to sit at this level for hours at a time without issue. Since the servers are still accessible, but do not seem to route traffic to the Internet, I wonder if the new server hosts are taking exception to this level of traffic. I know there's some server hosts out there that advertise "1000mbps connection!!!!" but then punish you for actually using it. 

Something else I've noticed with these new servers at least with Pictor, Fafnir, and now Corvus my speedtest down speed is matched with my ISP or damn near between 195-209meg down (isp is 200meg) yet torrents download at a max of just over 50KB/s I can hop on an old Chicago server that is slower and run at 300+ down. Can't access usps.com on any of these 3 so far either. Hop on Alkaid/Pavonis old Chicago servers and don't have a single issue accessing it. They are surely quirky.

Also when you first get connected to these new servers Eddie shows the connection is complete but you can stare at a blank ass web page for every bit of a minute just watching the little dot move left and right on the tab showing it's loading a page yet nothing is there. I'm trying out Ara now and so far all the same quirks limited to no more then a tick over 50KB/s on a torrent download, speedtest speeds show right at ISP speed, watching paint dry on web pages when first connected, no usps loading (access denied).

I did read that these were temp servers for use while the equipment is being moved from the old locations right? Hopefully they are only that or the problems get worked out. Loving the actual speed once pages do start to load but the actual given download speed for torrents is TERRIBLE. Showing nearly 4hrs for something I can normally get in 2-3 minutes if that. Also can't access a daily visited website so basic as the USPS..... I don't get the excessive hanging when disconnecting from these servers sometime either. Eddie just sits there for minutes sometimes or when it's connecting at times it does the same thing. I've never really had problems with servers on Air before but these new ones for me anyway are a mess. LOL

Pictor went down again with high packet loss after somebody heavily used it.  Seems to be a fairly certain pattern with these servers.

Turns out maxing them out will kill them. I switched to a Phoenix server (Bootes, specifically) and it seems to be working fine.