Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.126.232
Staff

Update on Netflix USA access

UPDATE 04-DEC-2019: Netflix USA is currently NOT accessible, we are investigating.

Hello!

After a remarkable amount of inquiries we have been receiving in the last couple of months, we are glad to inform you that currently we managed to restore access to Netflix USA.

Remember that you need to use VPN DNS in order to be able to access that service from our servers.

Access to Netflix USA is now possible from all of our servers. Please see here for more details: https://airvpn.org/topic/9223-netflix

Please feel free to test. Your feedback is appreciated.

Kind regards

AirVPN Staff

I can confirm that not only Netflix is working but other services such as Amazon Video and Vudu while connected to a USA server.  I did not test connections to servers outside the USA.

Edit: tested Shield TV and Apple TV and Roku Ultra.  Shield TV and Apple TV have no problem that I could see.  Unfortunately, the Roku is able to determine I'm using a VPN.

To be sure, I do block all DNS other than 10.4.0.1 and confirmed that looking at my state table no other DNS was used, and nothing outside the tunnel either.  Too bad there but great news otherwise!

Netflix works flawlessly on your Dutch servers. Didn't test them all, but what i've tested, did play all the way.  

Great! Works good!

thanks!

Netflix works great on Rasalas, Pollux, Miaplacidus, Alcyone, Sabik, and Ursa servers, haven't tested with other ones yet. When I checked the "recent device streaming activity" on my Netflix account page, it looks like connections to Netflix from AirVPN aren't through the server's exit IP addresss and instead are being re-routed to residential IP addresses across the US, which will make it significantly harder for Netflix to detect that this is VPN traffic. Not sure how Air got access to the residential IPs, but great job!

This is great Staff! Curious, whats the strategy for keeping ahead of continued blocking attempts by online streaming services.

I'm going to guess that Netflix, Hulu, etc purchase IP range blacklists and also develop their own when traffic from specific IPs or ranges picks up, assuming it's a VPN service. Is there any good method for staying ahead of the inevitable future block?

Can you make the DNS work with Hulu as well? Netflix does indeed work, but Hulu doesn't work. I find Hulu to have a lot better shows on it and it offers Live TV.

worked on my macmini just now with netflix

i guess the ultimate test is my smart TV when i get home!

thank you Airvpn

edit.

i tested my LG smart TV and like another service that allowed Netflix.   it does not work on my tv either.   BUT amazon works on my Iphone 6 using Airvpn.

so strange  

Whatever this did, it broke Netflix Japan access--at least when using AIrVPN's DNS servers while not connected to AirVPN while using a residential Japanese IP address.

Netflix.com couldn't load nor could any Netflix apps.

Since around the 28th, my Kindle Fire TV couldn't access Netflix nor could my spouse's phone.  My router is running DD-WRT and connects to AirVPN in client mode. DD-WRT static DNS's 1 and 2 are AirVPN's (10.4.0.1 and 10.6.0.1) and 3 is 8.8.4.4.

Kindle Fire TV, Spouse's phone, and a few other devices are set to not use the VPN due to local Japanese geo-restrictions.

Finally after seeing this post I'm pretty sure whatever was done to AirVPN's DNS caused it and I wonder if other people who use localized Netflix's have the same issues.

The workaround was to set IP addresses of non-VPN devices to static and to use non-AirVPN DNS servers.

I'm not angry as going by the posts, it seems most people are benefiting from the tinkering, but those who use non-USA Netflix may run into issues.

@YLwpLUbcf77U

Hello!

If Netflix JP was available from our server in Japan, then we can restore it. Geo-routing is meant to add access, not to subtract it. In general no local Netflix (except UK) was accessible from our servers, that's why we preferred to route to Netflix USA (better than no Netflix at all).

We're looking forward to your confirmation.

Kind regards

Can you make the DNS work with Hulu as well? Netflix does indeed work, but Hulu doesn't work. I find Hulu to have a lot better shows on it and it offers Live TV.

Hello!

Can you please test now with Hulu and report back?

Kind regards

@YLwpLUbcf77U

Hello!

If Netflix JP was available from our server in Japan, then we can restore it. Geo-routing is meant to add access, not to subtract it. In general no local Netflix (except UK) was accessible from our servers, that's why we preferred to route to Netflix USA (better than no Netflix at all).

We're looking forward to your confirmation.

Kind regards

Hello,

Netflix JP (including trying to simply access netflix.com) was not working since the 28th on devices using AirVPN's DNS servers, but not connected to an AirVPN server (such as my Kindle Fire TV).  Switching IP's to static and forcing it to use a non-AirVPN DNS solved it.

My wife's phone I still didn't reconfigure (ie, Netflix still will not load) so I can test there later if you want.

I know it's a VPN and not a law-school but how did you get Netflix USA to unblock AirVPN's DNS servers?  They know it's a VPN, right?

Thanks a lot guys. How did you manage this miracle?

Micro routing. They make your connection to Netflix come from a non-blocked set of IP's. So Netflix assumes that's your actual IP. Similar to how if you're in the States, you can access the BBC from the co.uk domain.

Hello everybody, I don't know if i'm allowed to post this in here but i always get the following error when trying to open netflix.com on my computer:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.netflix.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

after refreshing many times, the netflix page shows up but not entirely, like half of the pictures only. And when i want to watch something it doesn't work, the "wheel" keeps spiining to load but nothing loads actually.

No matter the brower (chrome, firefox) and no matter the AirVPN server (not talking about the UK ones of course). Can anyone help me please?

i cannot get amazon prime working directly with AirVPN's USA Servers on iOS (iphone) but i found a work around.

it seems amazon prime only checks for a vpn at the very beginning of the stream, like when you first press the play button, or press play for first time. After that you can pause the amazon prime video stream, move to OpenVPN app and turn AirVPN back on and then go back to amazon prime app and press play then it will continue streaming where it left off while connected to AirVPN. (Any server works with the workaround, not just USA)

how can this work if you're in a country besides the usa?

if the vpn is off, amazon prime won't allow you to stream and if it's on, it detects the vpn and won't allow you stream.

can you explain the work-around a bit better?

how can this work if you're in a country besides the usa?

if the vpn is off, amazon prime won't allow you to stream and if it's on, it detects the vpn and won't allow you stream.

can you explain the work-around a bit better?

Amazon Prime wasn't part of the announcement.  This thread is about Netflix.