Not connected, Your IP: 34.203.242.200
Staff

Update on Netflix USA access

@Staff
I have tried all of the US servers under the following different conditions 

Set FireTV WiFi manually with the 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1 DNS
Set Eddie DNS to 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1
Set Eddie to manual DNS

Netflix is completely blocked. Can't even load web page. Never seen that before. Time to cancel Netflix subscription 🙄

Posted ... (edited)

I have been following this thread and have had intermittent problems with accessing Netflix.
Just now I finished watching an entire episode with no problems.
My setup is Windows 10, Eddie 2.16.3, DNS added to Eddie are 10.4.0.1, 10.5.0.1 and 1.1.1.1, connected to ARKAB Canadian server with no leaks detected by IPLEAK.NET.
When I connected to Netflix there was an initial error message that went away almost immediately, and then it automatically connected successfully. My guess is that the initial DNS failed, and then one of the others was picked up successfully.
It worked this time with no problem, but that is not always the case. See my previous post on 08/12/2019.

Edited ... by Petanquer
Added date of previous post

Random question.  Does anyone know if iOS devices have aes support built in?  If not, I haven’t been able to find anything as it relates to chacha20 support and openvpn for iOS.  

@airvpn how will iOS users configure this when it does happen?

thx!

@huckleberrybear88

Hello!

Unfortunately, our OpenVPN 3 library, and/or an app based on it, is not planned for iOS currently, as GPL and similar licenses remain incompatible with the Apple store terms. Obviously we can not legally close the source code or provide a binary without source code or modify the license of the source code our apps are based on (not even if we wanted, and we don't), so we can't do anything for iOS in this case.

The issue has been brought into light by FSF itself in 2010: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement
and raised a lot of attention again when Apple took down VLC from the store.

It is periodically debated, for example here: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12827624

That's also the reason for which openvpn-connect is the only app to use OpenVPN in iOS devices from the Apple Store (as the conditions enforced by OpenVPN Technologies to the commits by anyone is that they can change the license, close the code, redistribute it for their commercial purposes etc).

Kind regards

Got AirVPN running on my router, but Netflix won't load. I'm using AirVPN DNS servers too. I thought Netflix USA access should be possible from all AirVPN servers...

Preferably I'd just be able to connect to the local Netflix through the VPN, but USA region is better than no Netflix at all :P

Is this no longer possible?

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 11.51.06.png

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 11.50.44.png

Hello!

We are aware of the issue and we are investigating. Unfortunately, as it pertains to Netflix, we can't promise anything, we're sorry.

Kind regards

Is there any way right now to use Netflix USA? Or did i set it up wrong

@Bubga

Hello!

Currently Netflix USA (and only USA) is accessible from our infrastructure, provided that you query VPN DNS.

Kind regards

I can no longer access Netflix while connected to any AirVPN servers. It looks like they have blacklisted the IPs. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Hello!

Currently Netflix USA (and only USA) is accessible from our infrastructure, including UK servers, provided that you query VPN DNS.

Kind regards

On 11/14/2019 at 3:25 AM, Staff said:

Hello!

Currently Netflix USA (and only USA) is accessible from our infrastructure, including UK servers, provided that you query VPN DNS.

Kind regards

Sorry - I'm relatively rubbish, but how am I able to query VPN DNS? I've tried connecting to various US/Canadian servers without luck and keep getting the netflix proxy detection page.

Cheers

I'm getting the same issue here. Can't access to Netflix threw vpn.

What a bummer, this Is one of the main reasons i bouhgt the service.

Will this restriction be permanent?

Hello!

Currently Netflix USA (and only USA) is accessible from our infrastructure, provided that you query VPN DNS.

Kind regards