Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.24.82
Staff

Five new 1 Gbit/s servers available (US)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that five new 1 Gbit/s servers located in Atlanta (Georgia, USA) are available: Hercules, Libra, Musca, Sculptor and Ursa.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other "second generation" Air server, they support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.2 and tls-crypt.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Please note that these new servers will replace five servers in Atlanta, and precisely Antlia, Octans, Pavo, Sagittarius and Scorpius which will be withdrawn soon because the company operating in the datacenter they are located is ceasing operations, unfortunately.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Nice!  And I like the new page for those servers which lists the ciphers available.  Will other server pages be updated with the same info?

Nice!  And I like the new page for those servers which lists the ciphers available.  Will other server pages be updated with the same info?

Hello!

Thank you.

Yes, it's planned for all the servers.

Kind regards

Really good! One question though, if I have generated OVPN files in the past for United States (under the country, meaning it picks the best server from US when you connect), do I need to re generate the files in order to be able to use the new servers, or not?

Really good! One question though, if I have generated OVPN files in the past for United States (under the country, meaning it picks the best server from US when you connect), do I need to re generate the files in order to be able to use the new servers, or not?

Hello!

No, you don't. The IP addresses of any new server are added automatically in the rating system, so the qualified name of each country may resolve (if the server reaches the best rating) into those IP addresses. The configuration file, when the needed settings are the same, remains the same.

Kind regards

The previous Atlanta area servers had lots of trouble/down-time, now these new ones seem to as well (3 of 5 say "Closed: high Packet Loss"). What's going on with your Atlanta servers???

The previous Atlanta area servers had lots of trouble/down-time, now these new ones seem to as well (3 of 5 say "Closed: high Packet Loss"). What's going on with your Atlanta servers???

Hello!

They suffer high packet loss (IP addresses are unreachable) so they are closed. The cause of this problem can be determined only by the datacenter technicians who have already been contacted.

Kind regards

Hello!

They suffer high packet loss (IP addresses are unreachable) so they are closed. The cause of this problem can be determined only by the datacenter technicians who have already been contacted.

Kind regards

This is pretty terrible. Service for Atlanta servers (both the old and the new) has been awful for months. Perhaps you need a new to try a new datacenter. Either they are not taking the problem seriously or you are not pushing them to hard enough resolve it. This level of degraded service over such a long time is very, very bad and reflects poorly on AirVPN.

This is pretty terrible. 

Agreed.  It appears that once the "Imminent Withdrawal" servers are gone there will be no even semi-reliable servers left.  In the past 24 hours, those were the only servers in the area that Eddie would even allow connections to.  It may be time to look elsewhere for services with a solid presence in the Atlanta area. 

The provider that AirVPN purchases these servers through isn't keeping up on abuse complaints very well, which is why they keep going down. 

The provider that AirVPN purchases these servers through isn't keeping up on abuse complaints very well, which is why they keep going down. 

What do abuse complaints have to do with the problems?

Generally not many good servers are active in east coast, New Jersey is marginally better than Atlanta for me which had its'w own down times in the past week! 

i might get even better download speed form other servers in US but latency is high enough to interrupt live tv stream anywhere else beside Atlanta and New Jersey.