Not connected, Your IP: 34.227.191.136

Hello guys,

I was wondering if there is a speed limitation while using OpenVPN with Router, technically it's AsusWRT, using Asus AC68. I saw some threads in AirVPN before, but I think they were dragged down to the bottom of the forum, since it's been quite some time. 

I'm upgrading to get better bandwidth, and I was wondering if this happens. Should it happen, does it have any fixes? 

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

J.Smith

or build a pfsense box with an intel chip

It doesn't have to be an intel chip.  AMD chips have AES-NI too.  AES-NI is what's important.  For a pfsense box you don't need a huge CPU with 8+ cores.  Mine is AMD, has 2 cores, and can do at least 430mbit/s openvpn with AES-256-GCM data channel.  I don't know how much faster as that's my ISP max.

or build a pfsense box with an intel chip

It doesn't have to be an intel chip.  AMD chips have AES-NI too.  AES-NI is what's important.  For a pfsense box you don't need a huge CPU with 8+ cores.  Mine is AMD, has 2 cores, and can do at least 430mbit/s openvpn with AES-256-GCM data channel.  I don't know how much faster as that's my ISP max.

** caught** yes i am biased, but he is correct amd can do the same it doesn't have to be a beast,