Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.246.193
wufn7

server rotate in eddie

Is it possible to rotate between AirVPN servers after disconnect?

​I'm currently on a very restrictive network with a malicious middeware box that's censoring my access to airvpn.org and its servers. My hope is that AirVPN has added servers since the middeware's blacklist has been updated, so I've selected all the servers in the server list in the eddie ui.

Unfortunately, when the connection fails with "WARNING: Bad encapsulated packet length from peer" (probably because the middleware is intercepting the connection & sending back an 'access denied' message), eddie simply tries reconnecting to the same server over-and-over again. Ideally, I'd want it eddie to fail, move onto the next server, and try again. If *that* server fails, move onto the next, and try again, etc. Until it finally gets a server that hopefully isn't banned.

​Note that this network also appears to be blocking openvpn with DPI, so I'm attempting to connect to airvpn using stunnel (protocol = ssl, port=443 in eddie's preferences).

Please let me know how I can make eddie rotate between the set of all servers after it encounters an error and disconnects from a given server.

On a related note: how can I find a set of servers that were recently added or whoose existence is intentionally short-lived (or hidden) to thwart ip address blacklisting?

​And, as a more general AirVPN architecture question, do these servers have the same entry ip address and exit ip address? ie: is the ip address listed in the stunnel/openvpn configuration the same ip address that a server I visit (after I successfully connect through AirVPN's servers) is going to see? If yes, is this the case for all servers or just a subset of the servers? If a subset, how can I determine that subset?

I've seen a lot of discussion from users asking AirVPN to rotate their exit ip addresses due to being banned from Internet services like yelp, wikipedia, etc. That's not my question. I'm asking about the _entry_ ip addresses. What efforts has AirVPN implemented to overcome malicious middleware boxes that try to prevent users from communicating to AirVPN's publicly-listed servers' ip addresses?

Is it possible to rotate between AirVPN servers after disconnect?

My observation is that Eddie already does this. Add all the servers you want to the whitelist.

how can I find a set of servers that were recently added or whoose existence is intentionally short-lived (or hidden) to thwart ip address blacklisting?

Recent adds cannot be shown in Eddie unfortunately.

There are no short-living servers around here.

do these servers have the same entry ip address and exit ip address?

None of the servers have, entry and exit were different even since before I registered here, so it can be seen as a core feature.

What efforts has AirVPN implemented to overcome malicious middleware boxes that try to prevent users from communicating to AirVPN's publicly-listed servers' ip addresses?

Alternative entry IP adresses. Can be chosen further down in the port/protocol list in Eddie.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

What efforts has AirVPN implemented to overcome malicious middleware boxes that try to prevent users from communicating to AirVPN's publicly-listed servers' ip addresses?

Alternative entry IP adresses. Can be chosen further down in the port/protocol list in Eddie.

Great! But where's the option for stunnel over port 443 + alternative entry IP?

The only entries I see in eddie whoose description says "... and blocks the standard Entry IP" where the Protocol is "SSL" operate over port 28439. The malicious middleware box on my network is blocking most outgoing ports, so that won't work for me. I can only reach out on ports 80, 443, 53, 993, and a few others.

Is there no option for an alternative entry IP for stunnel over port 443? If not, can there be one please?

How often are the alternative IPs rotated? Can you please link me to documentation that describes the "Alternative Entry IP" feature more thoroughly?

If alternative IP over SSL/443 option is not there, that should indeed be added.

And none of the IPs of all servers are rotated. If they were, what would prevent the admin to just filter a whole IP range instead of a few IPs? It's not helping your cause, it would actually harm you even more in the long run.

If VPNs are not allowed at your place, maybe you should find out why and stick to any rules you need to adhere to.

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I've seen a lot of discussion from users asking AirVPN to rotate their exit ip addresses due to being banned from Internet services like yelp, wikipedia, etc. That's not my question. I'm asking about the _entry_ ip addresses. What efforts has AirVPN implemented to overcome malicious middleware boxes that try to prevent users from communicating to AirVPN's publicly-listed servers' ip addresses?

In addition to giganerd's reply, we would like to add that starting from Eddie 2.14 a new system capable to circumvent Fortinet blocks which are specifically meant against Eddie, not against OpenVPN (and any other block against our bootstrap servers) has been implemented. That was necessary because in this case to provide comfort Eddie enlarges the block surface, it's unavoidable if you don't want to use pre-generated configs for OpenVPN.

Kind regards