Not connected, Your IP: 3.89.116.152
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow101

ANSWERED Windows 10 DNS Leak

Dear All,

AirVPN was working well until the recent updates.

My latest problem is that using ipleak.net I can now see that I am leaking DNS.

I use Windows 10 which has just recently updated. I am using Eddie version 2.15.2. I have tried with Network Lock on and off. It makes no difference.

I have read all sorts of things on the forum about making sure the TAP adaptor is set to static DNS Preferred 10.4.0.1 and Alternative 10.5.0.1. This does not work. While 10.4.0.1 remains in the box when I try to add the alternative, it saves, then on reopening it has dissapeared again.

Ipleak shows 3 servers. Two AirVPN and then one which also appears if I close network lock and re-run ipleak while using my normal WiFi.

I have spent some time trying to figure out how to fix this by myself but am hitting a wall. If someone could suggest the best way for me to resolve this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

with default settings Eddie prevents DNS leaks through Windows Filtering Platform. The method is the same than that implemented by the "block-outside-dns" directive of OpenVPN. Additionally Eddie lowers the tun/tap interface metric to solve the flawed Windows 10 DNS handling (made even worse by the "Creator" update).

Have you modified the default settings or maybe you're running some packet filtering tool which sets WFP rules?

Kind regards

Dear AirVPN,

Thank you for your help. I had Avast installed. It had "real site" activated which was acting to leak the DNS. Thank you for your help!