Not connected, Your IP: 54.173.43.215
jtag

europe => sweden => slow

Connecting to europe usually picks a Swedish sever, and these are very slow. Could the algorithm be changed to pick faster servers first and just use slower ones as a fallback?

Why not just block the servers that are slow for you? As far as I know any algorithms are not individualised meaning it'll pick the one it thinks is best generally, not just for your connection since there are many variables involved in trying to understand what would work best for you.

For example, you say:

>  Could the algorithm be changed to pick faster servers first and just use slower ones as a fallback?

Are you able to define what a 'faster' server is? For me, the server you find slow may be the one that works best, maybe it's a problem with your connection or eddie setup, or who knows how many possible reasons there are for a 'slow' server. If a server was slow for all there would be many complaints.

Hello,

we operate in two datacenters in Sweden (Uppsala and Stockholm) with totally different transit providers. In some cases those who have a good peering with one do not have a good peering with the other. In some cases peering is good with them both. Have you tested them both? If you get the same low performance in both you are served by an ISP which does not have good peering with both, in which case test a different country (at the moment we are good with two datacenters in Sweden).

Kind regards

Hello,

we operate in two datacenters in Sweden (Uppsala and Stockholm) with totally different transit providers. In some cases those who have a good peering with one do not have a good peering with the other. In some cases peering is good with them both. Have you tested them both? If you get the same low performance in both you are served by an ISP which does not have good peering with both, in which case test a different country (at the moment we are good with two datacenters in Sweden).

Kind regards

This. Try Norma or Ain if the majority of swedish servers are slow

For some reason i've had terribly slow connection with all the Swedish servers. Ain and Norma used to be solid, a week ago they started having ping and speed issues, Norma has sat for the week at over 40ms ping, a week ago that was under 20ms. Other (the uppsala servers) Swedish servers were spotty for me before(some were good some slow) but now they are all slow too. I'm located right next to Sweden geographically so this doesn't make any sense. When i connect to other servers outside of Sweden i have my usual connection quality. Just sucks that the servers that were the best to me now suck, my second best choices(the ones i currently use) have over 40ms latency due to distance, but speeds are good.

Edit. Also to add, i tried connecting to Ain multiple times during past week, the speed was constantly slow and it would drop my connection(i would notice im on a different server) in a few hours every time. Last tried couple of hrs ago, got dropped in hour.

I'm next to Sweden too and for me there are some Sweden servers which are way too slow(can't name any of them, but I have used few weeks mainly NL servers because so many in Sweden were slow). But I've few days used Norma(~20ms) and it works perfectly. To Ain I can't even connect and ping to it is ~50ms.

Hello,

Kind regards

This. Try Norma or Ain if the majority of swedish servers are slow

Ain has been down for days if not weeks. Can we get more servers in Stockholm please. The ones in Uppsala are useless.

I'm next to Sweden too and for me there are some Sweden servers which are way too slow(can't name any of them, but I have used few weeks mainly NL servers because so many in Sweden were slow). But I've few days used Norma(~20ms) and it works perfectly. To Ain I can't even connect and ping to it is ~50ms.

Ain and Norma are in neighbor slots of the same rack of the same datacenter, so something could have gone terribly wrong in Ain hardware.

The datacenter technicians are investigating. If some hardware equipment must be replaced, Ain could remain down for a few days more, we're sorry.

Expansion in Stockholm is anyway under consideration.

(UPDATE: 2 Gbit/s and two servers have been added on 26th of July 2018 in Stockholm)

Kind regards

yeah that's terrible Europe is completely useless, as it always picks a Swedish server that is slow, very slow and has a terrible speed!

europe.vpn.airdns.org should atleast randomly select a server if there is no way to pick the "good" ones out or something, else it's pretty useless

yeah that's terrible Europe is completely useless, as it always picks a Swedish server that is slow, very slow and has a terrible speed!

europe.vpn.airdns.org should atleast randomly select a server if there is no way to pick the "good" ones out or something, else it's pretty useless

The swedish servers were least used, and thus the region system sends you there.  You'll be much happier just using a single server that works well for you.

The real tragedy is people banging their head on a wall because they don't understand how things work.

Hello!

If you have peering or routing problems with the servers with the best rating reflected by europe.vpn.airdns.org just do it. We do offer FQDNs which include all the entry-IP addresses of a certain continent or country, for example europe.airvpn.org for Europe. Or you can even select specific countries, or specific servers.

If you run Eddie the task is even easier since you can define a servers white list, for example.

It is obvious that we can't satisfy with our rating system the "best peering" with every single residential ISP in the world, so it's equally obvious that we have prepared alternative solutions. They are in place since 2011 and they are very well documented in the FAQ and in the guides, so you have now no excuses, stop ranting and start fixing! :D

Kind regards

This sound correct, unfortunately I can confirm that no matter which server I select, if it's from Sweden it has a very low bandwidth!

What I want to say is, that it's not my ISP -> VPN connection, but something is wrong with the Sweden server or the rating.

Separate Countries Like Netherlands, UK, USA, Germany or even region servers like Asia work better

This sound correct, unfortunately I can confirm that no matter which server I select, if it's from Sweden it has a very low bandwidth!

What I want to say is, that it's not my ISP -> VPN connection, but something is wrong with the Sweden server or the rating.

Separate Countries Like Netherlands, UK, USA, Germany or even region servers like Asia work better

In the EU, Sweden is a country with a good/excellent infrastructure. We operate servers in two datacenters in Sweden, one in Uppsala and one in Stockholm. They have completely different transit upstream and provider. Do you have no "luck" with both of them? On the other hand, if you have better connectivity even to Asia than Sweden, and you are in the EU, then you probably had better forget completely Swedish servers! :)

Kind regards

Hi, I'm also connecting from Europe and can almost confirm the same, except that it seems to be the case that one single server is working [has a good bandwidth] in Sweden (Norma). Before I could use the Swedish Ain server but it started to become unstable not to long ago (maybe 1 or 2 month back?), but even if Ain did work good for me it only gave me about 30-40 Mbitps on a 100/100 Mbitps fiber connection, so again, I wouldn't recommend any Swedish server for a fast fiber connection. 

But since I updated to the newest Eddie client [2.16.3] (also installing tap-interface from new) the Ain server has constantly been slow. But luckily Norma still seems to be working good as the only Swedish server and it even seems to have a higher bandwidth compared to what Ain used to be (before it slowed down).

!!! UPDATE !!!

I'll have to take back what I mentioned above!

I'm very puzzled, now one day after having updated as mentioned above, suddenly all Swedish servers are having a good bandwidth, both from Stockholm and Uppsala.

I'm not sure why I had to wait a day after updating the client for this change to take effect (a restart didn't change anything)?

I have used AirVPN for about a year and I must say, that for the first time I simply cannot find any slow servers from Sweden. None of the servers are getting below 30 Mbitps, so I'm indeed very puzzled about what have changed.

ps: Next week I'll test the bandwidth on my friend's fiber connection again.

Hi, I'm also connecting from Europe and can almost confirm the same, except that it seems to be the case that one single server is working [has a good bandwidth] in Sweden (Norma). Before I could use the Swedish Ain server but it started to become unstable not to long ago (maybe 1 or 2 month back?), but even if Ain did work good for me it only gave me about 30-40 Mbitps on a 100/100 Mbitps fiber connection, so again, I wouldn't recommend any Swedish server for a fast fiber connection. 

But since I updated to the newest Eddie client [2.16.3] (also installing tap-interface from new) the Ain server has constantly been slow. But luckily Norma still seems to be working good as the only Swedish server and it even seems to have a higher bandwidth compared to what Ain used to be (before it slowed down).

!!! UPDATE !!!

I'll have to take back what I mentioned above!

I'm very puzzled, now one day after having updated as mentioned above, suddenly all Swedish servers are having a good bandwidth, both from Stockholm and Uppsala.

I'm not sure why I had to wait a day after updating the client for this change to take effect (a restart didn't change anything)?

I have used AirVPN for about a year and I must say, that for the first time I simply cannot find any slow servers from Sweden. None of the servers are getting below 30 Mbitps, so I'm indeed very puzzled about what have changed.

ps: Next week I'll test the bandwidth on my friend's fiber connection again.

I forgot to mention that I'm using the manual protocol, UDP/443/1 when comparing the servers. Earlier I tested all the protocols to see if I could get a higher bandwidth.

The Swedish servers in Upplala (Kustbandet ISP) have been really bad for a while now.

Gladly the Stockholm servers (AltusHost) are much faster. You can see this in a test a did some month ago.

https://www.skadligkod.se/vpn/vpn-speedtest-with-linksys-dd-wrt-router/

In the meantime I have created a custom made OpenVPN config, which automatically connectes to Sweden, but is only selecting the Stockholm servers.

You can do this by using the following config settings:

remote 79.142.76.243

remote 31.3.152.99 443

remote 128.127.104.79 443
remote 128.127.105.183 443
remote-random

This is working perfectly for my config in my router, automatically connecting all of my devices to the fast servers in Sweden.