Not connected, Your IP: 34.204.52.16
Sign in to follow this  
User of AirVPN

How to get around internet censorship in Iran? (on Android phone)

Hello. I live in the US and have been using VPN services here fine for around 2 years, but next week I am planning on going on a 3 week trip to Iran and am only bringing my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+ running Android 8.0.0) . I would like to know which VPN protocols, ports, and locations would be best for me to use while in Iran both in terms of effectively blocking censorship, and also in speed. Thank you

If U were I I would use Air servers in Romania or Singapore rather than in "The Great Satan" (USA). It can be a bummer sending helicopters to get you home.

Short story: SSL/SSH+Air as stated above.

However your last problem, as a U.S. citizen visiting there, should be a technology one.

In fact it will be much better for you to keep all your equipment at home, or at least not

having any local violating material on it while there. If you want to break the law, you have

to know where and when, and in this case not sure it will be worth it.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.