Not connected, Your IP: 44.193.80.126

iPlayer has been very much pot luck on Air and for the past few months it hasn't worked. However, just tried iPlayer on Bellatrix and it seems to be working for me! I haven't tried any other UK server so if anyone knows of any other server that iPlayer works with please share with us

@staff Have you refreshed any IP's? Would the roll out of tls-crypt of made a difference?

I wonder if, this being a public forum, it would be best not to discuss this? Literally asking for trouble?

Think about how BBC might determine exit IP addresses of hidden "Routing" servers. They probably have a membership here and most VPN providers.

iPlayer has been very much pot luck on Air and for the past few months it hasn't worked. However, just tried iPlayer on Bellatrix and it seems to be working for me! I haven't tried any other UK server so if anyone knows of any other server that iPlayer works with please share with us

@staff Have you refreshed any IP's? Would the roll out of tls-crypt of made a difference?

I wonder if, this being a public forum, it would be best not to discuss this? Literally asking for trouble?

Think about how BBC might determine exit IP addresses of hidden "Routing" servers. They probably have a membership here and most VPN providers.

@staff feel free to delete this post if you wish no offence taken.

Seems to be working on other servers as well. Tried another VPN i use and it's working on that one too, on UK servers. Looks like BBC have dropped the strict rules maybe?

On the website, all servers are blocked as of now (did not test Nunki because it has line problems).

Method I used for testing:

1. connect to VPN server (OpenVPN, port 443)

2. relaunch browser in private mode, go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone & log in

Second one is because it possibly does a geocheck during the log-in and then sets a cookie. Nowadays BBC ID is required, which then again requires an email and any UK post code.

Only thing that works is by playing the live channel streams URLs directly. You can do this via e.g. Kodi plugin ("iPlayer WWW" plugin is in the official repos) and if the CND source is set to Limelight (as Akamai is blocked). Ondemand videos are still blocked.

Hello,

Could we have an update on the status of BBC Iplayer, beacause apart from Kodi WWW Player, nothing works...

Thxs

Nicolas

I have just renewed my subscription to Airvpn, which I have been using since 2016 and am generally very happy with, but I have done so reluctantly this time... because of the continuing inability to access BBC iPlayer from outside the UK. I still don't understand why Airvpn has been unable to find a solution to this problem - Yes, I have read all the explanations! - because I am able to connect via other VPN's, which I have used and will continue to use in tandem with Airvpn. I - and I am sure other users - would be willing to pay a premium to Airvpn if this problem could be sorted out.

Has there been any updates on the iplayer issue? I cannot access iplayer from my Airvpn  VPN. This has not been a problem, but i may be moving abroad next year so need to be able to access it. have been a customer for many years so would be a shame if I have to chnage VPN provider for this reason.

THX
EG

Shame I am having the same issue since I joined AirVPN, I live in the UK and have no issues disconnecting VPN but it is not the right way. I was able to connect using other VPN which I am not naming on here.