Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.107.149
Soupcan Sam Hootkins

ANSWERED Cannot connect Blackberry Classic with Computer while on AirVPN

Hey, all.

Having an issue where I cannot get my Blackberry Classic to connect with my computer when I have AirVPN connected. As soon as I disconnected from AirVPN, my computer recognized my phone and can connect to it. Further, this occurs whether I have the network lock enabled or not; as long as I'm connected to an AirVPN server, my Blackberry won't connect to my computer.

Any ideas?

Well, after a lot of fiddling around, I was able to connect while on the VPN by going into "Networking" in the Settings, and changing "Layer IPv6" setting to "Outside Tunnel." Not sure how this messes with things, so perhaps someone can help me understand what that does, and if I just really made my security worse by doing that, or what.

Evidently the Blackberry and the desktop software need IPv6 enabled on the computer to communicate, so that's why I made the adjustment. If you know how I can get it to work without possibly risking my security and privacy, let me know if there is a better way, please.