Not connected, Your IP: 3.231.222.84
cdysthe

Chossing OpenVPN client for AirVPN on Android

Hi,

I just switched from another VPN provider to AirVPN. I got a little nervous when I relaized that the Linux client was Java based, but I'm over the "shock" watching the World Cup without any problems. I use VPN a lot on Android as well and see that there's no dedicated AirVPN client. I have found documentation for setting up the OpenVPN clients for Android to use AirVPN. I have tried the OpenVPN Connect client and it seems to work good. However, I was wondering if there's some consensus around here which OpenVPN client works best with AirVPN on Android, or if they all do the same thing with a some UI and feature differences?

GUI is close to nonexistent. At least the logic is there and it does what it's supposed to do: Connecting to a server.

Apart from that, OpenVPN for Android by Arne Schwabe is my go-to client, one I frequently recommend.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Is it possible to route all Hotspot clients of an Android device through AirVPN with Eddie or Schwalbes Openvpn ?

Since both use the VpnService API of Android, no. Of course, anything is possible if you're root...

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.