Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.139.141
after_lunch

Takefile.link Blocking Specific Autonomous System Numbers (ASN)

Today I got this error message when trying to connect to takefile.link using Asterope:

Error 1005 Ray ID: 42bd0371ce4b3470 • 2018-06-16 11:42:30 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (takefile.link) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (9009) from accessing this website.

I got the same message yesterday using a different UK server (sorry, can't remember which one).

I only use UK servers at the moment. Are all AirVPN UK IP addresses in the same ASN?

Hi, I have faced the same issue as this thread starter. 

It appears that all AirVPN IPs are from the ASN. Is there a server which has a different ASN ?

The solution I found for takefile was to switch to a Swedish server, then do a free download (I don't have a takefile account). You might need to try more than one server.
Upstore.net is even worse. It blocks all of airvpn's UK addresses, and many other countries too (including Sweden). However, it still accepts Latvia. It gives an unhelpful "404 Not Found" message when it detects a blocked address.

Oh I resolved the issue by finding a VPN server which uses a different ASN (took me awhile to find one). Thanks :)