Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.69.45
Staff

Eddie 2.15.1beta released

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new Eddie Air client version has been released: 2.15beta. It is ready for public beta testing.

To download Eddie 2.15beta please select "Other versions" > "Experimental" from the download page.

Please see the changelog:

https://eddie.website/changelog/?software=client&format=html

Eddie 2.15 aims essentially to fix bugs in 2.14.5 version before building up any new feature or important change.

Kind regards & datalove

Air Staff

Thanks for the new version.

Tray icon finally worked in 2.14.3. Then in 2.14.4 it was gone again. I was hoping it would be back in 2.14.5 or 2.14.5.1 but it is not.

XUbuntu 16.04 LTS x86

For me the latest beta (portable) does not even start. Nothing happens if I try to start it by double clicking the eddie-ui executable in a file explorer. Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, 64 bit.

For me the latest beta (portable) does not even start. Nothing happens if I try to start it by double clicking the eddie-ui executable in a file explorer. Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, 64 bit.

Hello!

Can you please start it from a terminal emulator (not a real terminal, the desktop environment must be running anyway), copy all and send us the whole output of the command?

Kind regards

Invoking eddie-ui in terminal vià sudo ./eddie-ui works. If I don't use sudo a prompt window opens that asks my password but afterwards nothing happens. Here is the terminal output:

./eddie-ui
. 2018.06.18 18:11:45 - Eddie version: 2.15.1 / linux_x64, System: Linux, Name: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia \n \l, Version: Linux LM18VMWare 4.15.0-23-generic #25~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 25 04:50:20 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux, Mono/.Net: 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.16/ac9e222); Framework: v4.0.30319
. 2018.06.18 18:11:46 - Restarting with admin privileges (method:pkexec-policy)

By the way, integration into the Cinnamon menu still fails, neither sudo nor gksudo can start eddie. If I use gksudo I get the error message Lib.Platform.Linux.Native.so and if I use sudo nothing happens.

By the way, this beta (at least in the portable edition) has got some severe issues. It can only be started in the terminal using sudo ./eddie-ui. And then it runs in the terminal and if you close the terminal eddie closes too. Invoking it using & disown does not work (eddie does not start) and even stopping the job vià ctrl + z, using disown -h "%job no" and resuming it afterwards does not help, eddie still closes if the terminal is closed. So far the only thing to work is invoking eddie using nohup sudo ./eddie-ui.

By the way, this beta (at least in the portable edition) has got some severe issues. It can only be started in the terminal using sudo ./eddie-ui. And then it runs in the terminal and if you close the terminal eddie closes too. Invoking it using & disown does not work (eddie does not start) and even stopping the job vià ctrl + z, using disown -h "%job no" and resuming it afterwards does not help, eddie still closes if the terminal is closed. So far the only thing to work is invoking eddie using nohup sudo ./eddie-ui.

Hello,

it's still a beta version of course. By the way, use "screen" to resolve the issue you mention. screen is a terminal multiplexer which can be even used to attach and detach sessions of any kind. Exactly what you need.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Screen

For your information: disown has nothing to do with what you want because it detaches and removes the job from the shell jobs control, but leave every job CONNECTED to the very same terminal (or terminal emulator). You might like to get documentation on nohup - anyway screen is even better.

Some more information to underline the difference between disown and nohup (compare them with "screen" power):

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/3886/difference-between-nohup-disown-and

Check the very first answer.

Kind regards