Not connected, Your IP: 44.204.34.64
ccp4vpn

ANSWERED Kaspersky Anti-Virus 19.0.0.1088(a) conflict

Pilou34

Sorry for the bad translation

I confirm the contents of the communication of the staff concerning my exchange of mails with Kapersky on the bug AirVPN / Kapersky / windows. When Kapersky is activated, Eddie can not connect. I received a lot of requests for redundant manipulations. I wisely responded to their requests. Finally, I told them that I felt like I was walking around and that they made me do their work. Indeed they can not ignore that many users of AirVPN encounter the same problem as me ... The activation of Kapersky's protection modules makes it impossible to connect Eddie, either immediately or a few moments later.

I have some doubts about their efforts to solve the problem, from an antivirus provider ... and VPN.

I am waiting for their answer.

I just installed Windows 10 with the latest Kaspersky IS and had this same problem

Thanks to Philips its fixed,for now

I opened a support request some time ago with Kaspersky. After I had disabled / re-enabled certain drivers they came to the conclusion that I was having a problem with the klwtp driver. They sent me this email today

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

I received an update today from our developers that this issue will be fixed on the next version of Kaspersky Internet Security. Your incident will remain open until the new version will be released. When this happens, I will send you a new email to update you accordingly.

Thank you.

I'm hoping that this will solve the problem for other users - I'll wait for the email from support and see if the problem is fixed

I opened a support request some time ago with Kaspersky. After I had disabled / re-enabled certain drivers they came to the conclusion that I was having a problem with the klwtp driver. They sent me this email today

Dear customer,

I received an update today from our developers that this issue will be fixed on the next version of Kaspersky Internet Security. Your incident will remain open until the new version will be released. When this happens, I will send you a new email to update you accordingly.

Thank you.

I'm hoping that this will solve the problem for other users - I'll wait for the email from support and see if the problem is fixed

Finally, im so happy to read this.

Please let us know when they answer.

Kind regards.

Sorry to report that a fix might take a while...

From Kaspersky tech support: (emphasis mine)

>Dear customer,
>In continuation of our communication, I would like to inform you that the issue has been identified by our Developers and will be fixed in the upcoming version of 2020 (within 2019). I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

I've been asked to check in with them in Q1 of 2019 to see if an intermediate 'technical' release might be available.

For now, the only work around seems to be pausing (no need to exit anymore) the KAV program, then setup VPN and then re-enabling KAV.

>Dear customer,

>In continuation of our communication, I would like to inform you that the issue has been identified by our Developers and will be fixed in the upcoming version of 2020 (within 2019). I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

I've been asked to check in with them in Q1 of 2019 to see if an intermediate 'technical' release might be available.

For now, the only work around seems to be pausing (no need to exit anymore) the KAV program, then setup VPN and then re-enabling KAV.

Hello!

Can you post (or send it to us privately in a ticket) the original reply from Kaspersky stating that the bug will be fixed within 2019? It might help us.

Kind regards

Dear customer,

Thank you.

Hello!

Can you please publish the original Kaspersky reply (or send it to us privately in a ticket) where they declare what you reported here? It might help us.

Kind regards

I've copied and pasted the various emails from Kaspersky Support including the steps they asked me to try out so you'll have the complete picture from start to finish. Entries are in date / time order with most recent first

18/06/2018  15:22

Dear customer,

I will forward your results to our developers to inform them that the klwtp seems the culprit driver. I will send you a new email as soon as I have further news.

Thank you for your co-operation.

18/06/2018 14:25 (with Customer support request included at bottom of email)

Hello,
         Disabling the first 2 drivers made no difference and the issue persisted - AirVPN restarted and tried to connect to another server without success.

However, disabling HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\klwtp allowed AirVPN to connect successfully to the chosen server. It did produce some errors / warnings - screen caps of which are attached - but I assume this is the kind of error message you warned me about.

I hope the results of these test prove useful to you and will uninstal KIS 2019 and revert back to 2018 until your next communication or until a patch is issued.

Regards

Phil Wolfenden

On 18/06/2018 08:21, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your patience.

I received an update from our developers informing me that a new bug is submitted for this issue. In order to investigate which driver is causing this issue please perform the actions below and update me with the results.

Open the Kaspersky main application, Settings (bottom left corner), Additional, Self-Defense:

1. Disable self-defense.

2. Open registry editor - go to registry branch:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\klim6

and change the value of "Start" key from "1" to "4" (this action will disable the mentioned driver).

3. Enable self-defense and reboot PC.

4. Check the issue with the AirVPN. Please ignore any error message from the application about the components.

5. In order to make this driver work again change the value of "Start" key to "1" (you need to disable self-defense at first and reboot after this action).

We will need to do the same for klwfp and klwtp drivers:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\klwfp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\klwtp

12/06/2018 15:25

Hello,
         Re-installed KIS 2019 and followed your instructions below but unfortunately the problem persists. I have re-installed KIS 2018 for the moment and look forward to your further instructions.
If the problem can be resolved I don't mind uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

Regards

Phil Wolfenden

On 11/06/2018 15:08, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:

Dear customer,

I will forward your new data to our HQ but it would be really important if you were trying to install Kaspersky 2019 one more time and remove the Kaspersky Secure connection. Restart your computer and then try to use AirVPN. Do you see any improvement on your system now?

I'm sorry if you are uninstalling and re-installing and Kaspersky application but until we have all the needed information we might need to perform 1-2 re-installations of the 2019 version.

Thank you for you understanding.

To reply to this request, you can simply reply to this e-mail leaving the subject line unchanged.

I will wait for your update.

Thank you.

11/06/13:04

Hello,
         There were no error messages at all - AirVPN has a network lock feature that prevents pages opening outside the VPN tunnel so it wasn't possible to open web pages until the VPN was established.  (obviously this could not happen while the VPN was restarting constantly).
There must be something new to KIS 2019 that is causing this conflict that was not present in KIS 2018 - could it be anything to do with KIS own secure VPN connection profile?

Regards

Phil Wolfenden

On 11/06/2018 12:11, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:

Dear customer,

I will update our developers accordingly after checking the issue with Kaspersky pause/exit and the AirVPN. I will need a small description of the issue when you had installed the 2019 version and AirVPN.

On your initial reply you had stated that there were loops of connecting and disconnecting. The webpages were opening normally when VPN was working or there was a delay? Was there any error message that webpages are not available or any error message at all?

Thank you.

To reply to this request, you can simply reply to this e-mail leaving the subject line unchanged.

09/06/2018 14:12

Hello,
          I currently use KIS 2018 - 18.0.0.405(h) without issue but re-installed  19.0.0.1088(a) to test as requested.

1)    Exited KIS 19.0.0.1088(a) and the issue no longer presented

2)    Paused KIS 19.0.0.1088(a) and the issue persisted

I am uninstalling 2019 and reverting back to 2018 for the moment and await your further instructions.

Regards

Phil Wolfenden

On 08/06/2018 15:16, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:
Dear customer,

I received a reply from our developers to test few things with Kaspersky 2019. Could you please inform me if you currently use the 2018 or the 2019 version?

If you use the 2019 version please perform the below and update me:

1) Exit Kaspersky and see whether the issue persists. To do that, simply right-click on the Kaspersky icon in System Tray (on the bottom right corner of your screen), select “Exit” and then click on "Continue".

If the issue persists despite exiting Kaspersky, please let us know. Otherwise, proceed to step #2.

2) Pause Kaspersky protection and check whether the issue persists. To do that, simply right-click the Kaspersky icon in System Tray (on the bottom right corner of your screen) and select “Pause Protection...” then select "Pause" and click on the grey "Pause Protection" button in the bottom. If the issue persists despite pausing Kaspersky, please let us know. Otherwise, proceed to step #3.

3) Try to diagnose which Kaspersky Protection component causes the issue: * Open the main Kaspersky window, click the little cog/gear icon in the bottom left corner to bring up the “Settings” menu, and on the left-hand side click on "Protection". Here you will find the list of protection components in order. Please turn off all protection components by sliding their buttons to the left so that they turn grey. Afterwards, switch the first component (File Anti-Virus) 'ON' by sliding the button to the right.
Then check whether the issue persists. If it doesn’t, turn the second component on (Mail Anti-Virus), but leave the first one enabled. Keep turning components on one by one until the issue kicks in.

Lastly could you please verify me to me if during disconnects the webpages were loading very slow or you had messages that the webpages cannot be loaded?

I will wait for your update.

Thank you.

04/06/2018 14:12

Dear customer,

I can verify back to you that I received both GSI and traces. I will forward your incident now to our HQ for further analysis. Please wait for my reply. As soon as I have an update, I will send you a new email.

Thank you.

03/06/2018 14:39

Dear Giannis,
                         Please find attached zip file GetSystemInfo as requested for further analysis. In the interim I will roll back to KIS 18.0.0405(h).
I will send Traces as a separate reply as together they are too large to send via email.

Regards

Phil

On 01/06/2018 15:45, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:

Dear customer,

My name is Giannis and I will handle your query regarding the Kaspersky application.

We have no other incidents indicating an issue with KIS 2019 and AirVPN. If there is an issue we will need to gather diagnostics to investigate this situation. Would you like to install the KIS 2019 and in case the issue persists to provide me the data below to forward them to our HQ for investigation?

A) Please submit a GetSystemInfo report:

1. Download the utility GetSystemInfo.exe from the following direct link: http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/GetSystemInfo6.2.exe (click on it to initiate download)

2. Run the GetSystemInfo.exe and click 'Accept'.

3. Check the option "Include Windows event logs" and click on the 'Start' option. The process can take up to 10 minutes and the progress bar may remain below 10% for most of the time.

4. A *.zip file with a name similar to this will be saved on your desktop automatically:
eg. GetSystemInfo_PC_Name_Username_Date_Time.zip

5. Please send us that .zip archive containing the report as an attachment in a reply to this email.
Further support on how to use the GetSystemInfo utility can be found here: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632 (click on that link to bring up the detailed guide)

Please submit traces:

1) Enable Tracing. Click on the customer support icon in the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky window – Support Tools - Enable traces.

2) Restart your computer and reproduce the issue.

3) Disable Tracing. Click on the customer support icon in the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky window – Support Tools - Disable traces (stop).

4) Send us the resulting traces:

a. Open the “Kaspersky” window.
b. Click on the customer support icon in the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky window.
c. Click on “Support Tools”.
d. Click on “Send report to Technical Support”.
e. Untick the first option “Operating System Information” while leaving “Data received for analysis”.
f. Then, click on “Save Report” which is found towards the bottom of this screen > Save to “Desktop” and name it “KLTraces”.
g. Reply to this email and attach the “KLTraces” archive

Thank you.

01/06/2018 14:22

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.
The following request was registered:

ID INC000009249810,
I have a VPN with AirVPN which utilises openVPN. Updated to KIS 19 and tried to log in to AirVPN but there was a continuous loop of disconnecting and trying to reconnect. Uninstalled KIS 19 and reverted back to 18.0.0.405(h) and the connection is fine. I''ve never had a problem like this before (for at least 4 years of using AirVPN) and can only surmise that there is an issue with the latest version of KIS. Please advise if patch is forthcoming to solve this problem, or if there is a work around.

Please note: business hours of our technical support are different for various regions. More details for your region can be found here: http://support.kaspersky.com/b2c
We will do our best to respond to your request as soon as possible.

To add new information to your request or ask additional questions, you can simply reply to this e-mail leaving the subject line unchanged. This email was generated automatically.

Best regards,
Kaspersky Lab Technical Support

There is a gap of a few weeks between my original posting date (13/07/2018) and the last date mentioned on my previous post (18/06/2018) because it took Kaspersky that length of time to send the reply below. 

On 13/07/2018 09:35, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:

Dear customer,

Thank you.

Once I received this definitive answer I posted it to this topic the same day as I know this problem is affecting a lot of AirVPN users

>Dear customer,

Hello!

Can you post (or send it to us privately in a ticket) the original reply from Kaspersky stating that the bug will be fixed within 2019? It might help us.

Kind regards

Send the PDF via the Direct Contact Form (support department)

Je viens de recevoir la réponse ci-après de Kapersky concernant le bug AirVPN/KAV pour lequel on m'a fait faire plusieurs manipulations inutiles (activer des modules/désactiver, éditer des journaux de panne...)

"Dear customer,

Merci de votre réponse.

Nous sommes vraiment désolés pour cette situation.

Nous connaissons que ce souci existe, mais comme il vous a été indiqué sur la précédente réponse, il s'agit d'un souci pour lequel un rapport de bug a été créé avec le numéro interne 2416361 et pour lequel nous ne disposons d'aucune information permettant de résoudre le problème.

Nous pourrions envisager un geste commercial sous forme d'extension de votre licence après la résolution de ce souci.

Nous gardons votre demande ouverte.

Merci de votre compréhension.

If we do not receive a response from you within 7 days, your request will be considered resolved by our system. If you would like us to leave your request open, you can simply let us know by replying to this e-mail or sending a new reply through My Kaspersky."

C'est déja une reconnaissance de l'existence du bug mais aucunement une annonce de date de mise à jour apportant une solution au problème... 

For me its working again, Kaspersky released an update.

Hi,

I re-installed KIS 2019 but found that the version number was still 19.0.0.1088(a) and I still had the same problem. I also paused protection before trying to establish a VPN (as suggested earlier in this post) but the problem still persists - can you advise what version the update was and where you got it from. It may be that I have a different problem than others that give the same result. Once Kaspersky has advised me of an update I will post their reply here.

I've been in contact with Kaspersky Support over the last couple of weeks and tried a beta version of KIS 2020 which was successful. Kaspersky acknowledged there was a bug and I got an email today suggesting I try KIS 2019 again. The latest version:

19.0.0.1088(
seems to have incorporated the fix and sorted out this bug.

I hope this is the case for all users who have been experiencing problems with connection.

Philiberti

For some reason I keep getting a smiley face when I want  to post 19.0.0.1088 b - the b in brackets

Philiberti

I updated to version 19.0.0.1088b and thought it was solved but unfortunately, not - it does still drop out randomly. When this happens, if I exit Kaspersky the connection returns to normal again. I have tried switching off the firewall and scanning of encrypted connections to no avail.

Is there a Kaspersky or Eddie setting that I need to change ?

Just installed Kaspersky and it installed Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(a). Seemed fine last night, but this afternoon I'm noticing that I cannot connect to AirVPN while Kaspersky is active. I have to completely exit out of Kaspersky Internet Security in order for Eddie to be able to connect. If 19.0.0.1088( fixes the issue, does anyone know how to upgrade? I've went through Kaspersky's upgrade check and it says there isn't an upgrade available, and all the databases are updated.

Gracias

The C update has not fixed the issue for me - it still decides to stop my uploads/downloads and web pages stop with a "Resolving Host" message. This goes on for a random amount of minutes.

Anyone else still having problems with Kaspersky and AirVPN too ?

I also have disconnecton problems at irregular intervals.with both KIS2018 and also with KIS 19.0.0.1088 © 

This is driving me nuts at times. Pauzing protection , disconnecting and connecting works but then at random the connection is lost.

Is there anyone that got a stable working connection with kaspersky? And if so how did you solve the problems?

I tried the free version of Kaspersky, thinking that without the extra features it might not cause the same problem with AirVPN, but I can confirm that the connection still cuts out.