Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.170
j0pad0pa

SPAMHAUS is blocking e-mails from Leo (199.249.230.22)

SPAMHAUS is blocking e-mails from Leo (199.249.230.22).

See attached documents.

The relevance is that I was unable to send e-mails to any comcast.net accounts because the Leo server was blocked on Spamhaus.

Until this is resolved, I have set the software to connect to another server and not use Leo.

050418 CBL LOOKUP - AirVPN Leo.pdf

050418 The Spamhaus Project - Blocklist Removal Center Results.pdf

Comcast/Spamhaus is blocking a variety of AirVPN servers, including Aquila. It just started with me in the first few days of 2020.

Perhaps just coincidence, but are all the affected servers now included on a quite public list of Tor exit nodes?  See: https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/45832-airvpn-server-listed-as-tor-exit-node/

On 5/4/2018 at 8:37 PM, j0pad0pa said:

SPAMHAUS is blocking e-mails from Leo (199.249.230.22).

The root of such problems is almost always because your IP is included in outgoing mail headers — in this case, that would be the address of the Air server you are on.
As a longer term solution, consider moving to a provider (e.g., mailbox.org, Posteo) that strips this address.  Not only a good choice for your privacy, but mail sent with such services appear to originate from the mail host itself so your location on the network is not a factor for the recipient's host accepting or rejecting your message.

On 1/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, hawkflights said:

Perhaps just coincidence, but are all the affected servers now included on a quite public list of Tor exit nodes?  See: https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/45832-airvpn-server-listed-as-tor-exit-node/

The root of such problems is almost always because your IP is included in outgoing mail headers — in this case, that would be the address of the Air server you are on.
As a longer term solution, consider moving to a provider (e.g., mailbox.org, Posteo) that strips this address.  Not only a good choice for your privacy, but mail sent with such services appear to originate from the mail host itself so your location on the network is not a factor for the recipient's host accepting or rejecting your message.
I think you are right, those servers have likely been blocked recently because of their use as Tor exit nodes, as unfortunately many ISPs etc are not very friendly to Tor use.