Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.18.87
pawderypatty

AirVPN won't work with custom DNS on router

Hello,

I set up airVPN on my mini router using a custom build of openWRT from GL.inet but when I run ipleak and whoer it comes back with a ton of DNS leaks (50+). 

When I changed the DNS from "Keep blank to use default DNS" to Custom DNS of 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1 then airVPN can no longer connect at all!

I've also tried checking the box that says: "Force all clients to use: [  ] Override Clients' DNS setting" but it doesn't solve the issue. 

After setting the Custom DNS, airVPN disconnects and says the following over and over:

RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: America.vpn.airdns.org:1194 (try again)

Could not determine IPv4/IPv6 Protocol

SIGUSR1 [soft,init_instance] received, process restarting

Thoughts?

NOTE: When NOT connecting through the router, and just firing up Eddie on my mac, I get no leaks.

The problem is that you router cannot resolve America.vpn.airdns.org:1194 if you set your DNS servers to 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1 before you have successfully established an OpenVPN connection to an OpenVPN servers. So etiher you use AirVPN servers with resolved ips or you have to dynamically change your DNS server after your router has connected to AirVPN.

I'm currently connected to an AirVPN server in Canada (enif), and currently my DNS is essentially the same as my IP (only the last digit is different), but I just ran ipleak and got 72 DNS leaks from the USA. At this point how do I fix the DNS leaks? 

For DD-WRT router firewall set?

Use this for Scripts-Firewall

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun0 -o br0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o vlan2 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o ppp0 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -i tun0 -j REJECT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

Regards,

Flex

When I changed the DNS from "Keep blank to use default DNS" to Custom DNS of 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1 then airVPN can no longer connect at all!

For DNS3 after airvpn dns in the list Use a DNS such as https://blog.uncensoreddns.org/

Forget about OpenDNS/Google DNS.

For DNS3 after airvpn dns in the list Use a DNS such as https://blog.uncensoreddns.org/

Forget about OpenDNS/Google DNS.

Hello!

It's worth mentioning OpenNIC, which Air officially supports.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.