Not connected, Your IP: 18.209.63.120
corrado

Alternative AirVPN client with provider-independent double-hop support (GNU/Linux)

More fun ...

First, I'm sorry : actually, I now actually see the «Bypass» tab. I can be quite the idiot.

But, and this baffles me totally, the program I use to scan («simple-scan») actually does *not* appear in the list of the programs I can «bypass». But another scanning (xsane) appears. When I «bypass» xsane, it does not recognize my scanner.

Then I tried this :

cgexec -g net_cls:bypass_qomui simple-scan

It starts the program, but like with xsane through the GUI of qomui, it does not see my scanner.

It most probably has nothing with qomui, although I can use my scanner as soon as I quit qomui, (or eddie). Probably some arcane driver problem by HP. But it was a try worth !

Thank you !

But, and this baffles me totally, the program I use to scan («simple-scan») actually does *not* appear in the list of the programs I can «bypass». But another scanning (xsane) appears. When I «bypass» xsane, it does not recognize my scanner.

Qomui tries to parse all .desktop-files, i.e. all entries in your starting menu. But there are some rare cases where parsing those files fails - if you set logging to debug it should reflect this. The current workaround until I fully understand why this happens is to start those applications via console as you did.

Update: The new packages should finally work correctly - I tested on OpenSuse Leap 15.0, Fedora 28 and Ubuntu 18.04.

After update, it wouldn't work. But after uninstall/install, then it works as advertised. After a reboot. And again, after launching the GUI for the first time, no internet connection. So, again, I had to register to airvpn through eddie.

Please don't upgrade too often ;-)

another question : what is the «black star» ? What does it do ?

After update, it wouldn't work. But after uninstall/install, then it works as advertised. After a reboot. And again, after launching the GUI for the first time, no internet connection. So, again, I had to register to airvpn through eddie.

I'll definitively test the updating procedure extensively. Switching to the new packages, might require a new installation, though. After that, updating should be fine.

another question : what is the «black star» ? What does it do ?

The star allows you to mark servers as favourites. You can view a list of your current starred servers by clicking on the star in the upper right.

im running manjaro and got your Qomui client from the AUR (arch user repo) and had been using it for the past few weeks and it worked/looked  perfect until today for some reason it doesnt want to let me change/add/remove vpn configs or connect to the ones that are on there (my login info changed and i wasnt able to change it in Qomui where i was able to in the past). i tried to re-install but  still have the same issue. just curious if this is just me or not? 

Did you try stopping qomui-service after exiting qomui-gui?  I would expect that qomui-service has to be restarted with your new credentials.

Qomui is still alive and version 0.8.0 has just been released. Among other things it adds the option to create custom connection profiles and support for custom scripts.

Full changelog:

- [new] connection profiles
- [new] support for custom scripts
- [change] configurations for Airvpn are now downloaded directly
- [change] removed minimize option if system tray not available
- [change] download new Mullvad config/certificates  
- [change] added scroll areas to some tabs
- [change] added options for profiles to tray menu
- [change] window state now recognized correctly
- [bugfix] improved stability and reliability of network detection
- [bugfix] manually imported WireGuard servers don't connect
- [bugfix] Qomui crashes when downloading Airvpn configs
- [bugfix] fixed Mullvad & Windscribe configs

Won't import AirVpn. Sorry.

Could you give me more details? Does Qomui crash or is there any error message? It'd be helpful if you could set logging to debug and share the log with me so I can try to understand where it goes wrong.

I have added your repo and I am trying to install  Qomui for the first time.

​The 12 missing dependencies seem to be ready to  install but I finish up with this : 

root@peter-mate:~# apt install qomui

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree       

Reading state information... Done

The following NEW packages will be installed:

qomui

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

12 not fully installed or removed.

Need to get 0 B/3,027 kB of archives.

After this operation, 3,811 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Retrieving bug reports... Done

Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done

(Reading database ... 246833 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../archives/qomui_0.8.0_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking qomui (0.8.0) ...

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/qomui_0.8.0_amd64.deb (--unpack):

unable to open '/usr/lib/systemd/system/qomui.service.dpkg-new': No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing:

/var/cache/apt/archives/qomui_0.8.0_amd64.deb

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I can see a file - qomui.service  in the .deb file    but not - qomui.service.dpkg-new'

any help please to get it to install properly..................

thanks

2018-12-16 14:02:34,143 - INFO - Qomui version 0.8.0
2018-12-16 14:02:34,145 - WARNING - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/qomui/config.json': Could not open /usr/share/qomui/config.json
2018-12-16 14:02:34,147 - WARNING - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/olivier/.qomui/server.json': Could not open /home/olivier/.qomui/server.json
2018-12-16 14:02:34,148 - WARNING - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/olivier/.qomui/protocol.json': Could not open /home/olivier/.qomui/protocol.json
2018-12-16 14:02:34,150 - WARNING - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/olivier/.qomui/bypass_apps.json': Could not open /home/olivier/.qomui/bypass_apps.json
2018-12-16 14:02:34,152 - WARNING - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/olivier/.qomui/profile.json': Could not open /home/olivier/.qomui/profile.json
2018-12-16 14:02:34,153 - INFO - Loading default configuration
2018-12-16 14:02:34,157 - INFO - Total number of server: 0
2018-12-16 14:02:34,230 - ERROR - Could not identify default gateway for ipv6 - no network connectivity
2018-12-16 14:02:34,232 - INFO - Detected new network connection
2018-12-16 14:02:34,420 - INFO - Deleted cgroup
2018-12-16 14:03:08,569 - INFO - iptables: adding exception for DNS requests
2018-12-16 14:03:08,762 - INFO - iptables: Allowing access to www.airvpn.org

and that's it. No movement. No nothing.

and that's it. No movement. No nothing.

Can you check if the package python3-cryptography is installed on your system?

I can see a file - qomui.service  in the .deb file    but not - qomui.service.dpkg-new'

Strange, which distribution are you using? Can you please retry. I've tested the deb on Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10 and Linux Mint as well.

hello corrado

I have added your repo and I am trying to install  Qomui for the first time.

​The 12 missing dependencies seem to be ready to  install but I finish up with this : 

root@peter-mate:~# apt install qomui
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  qomui
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
12 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/3,027 kB of archives.
After this operation, 3,811 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
(Reading database ... 246833 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../archives/qomui_0.8.0_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking qomui (0.8.0) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/qomui_0.8.0_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 unable to open '/usr/lib/systemd/system/qomui.service.dpkg-new': No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/qomui_0.8.0_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

any help please to get it to install properly..................

thanks

Can you check if the package python3-cryptography is installed on your system?

Not installed. Should install it ?

Strange, which distribution are you using? Can you please retry. I've tested the deb on Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10 and Linux Mint as well.

Not so sure this question is for me, but anyhow : I run SolydX (based on Debian Stretch). And I used to run qomui, unistalled it, and tried to re-install (on a brand new system)

Installed python3-cryptography, problem solved ! Maybe in the dependencies ?

Installed python3-cryptography, problem solved ! Maybe in the dependencies ?

Yes, you're right. The dependency was actually missing from the deb-package. It's fixed now. Thank you!

@pjnsmb: what distribution are you using? Could you try using the DEB directly, i.e. install via gdebi?

Great job !

1) your procedure to import the key doesn't work

2) I override that, and install «new» .deb ,and I get new dependencies !!!!! (cgroup-tools, cgroupfs-mount, and libcgroup1) For THE SAME VERSION !!!!! How iS  that possible ! The progamme 5 minutes earlier worked without those dependencies !

3) qomui won't connect to any airvpn server !

2018-12-17 18:33:28,201 - INFO - Configuration changes applied successfully
2018-12-17 18:33:28,283 - INFO - iptables: flushed existing rules
2018-12-17 18:33:28,680 - INFO - iptables: activated firewall
2018-12-17 18:33:28,684 - INFO - Disabled ipv6
2018-12-17 18:33:28,777 - INFO - Deleted cgroup
2018-12-17 18:33:38,331 - INFO - Connecting to Cervantes....
2018-12-17 18:33:38,350 - INFO - iptables: created rule for 185.189.112.26
2018-12-17 18:33:38,353 - INFO - Establishing new OpenVPN tunnel
2018-12-17 18:33:38,356 - INFO - Establishing connection to Cervantes
2018-12-17 18:33:38,364 - INFO - OpenVPN:Options error: --ca fails with '/usr/share/qomui/certs/ca.crt': No such file or directory
2018-12-17 18:33:38,365 - INFO - OpenVPN:Options error: --cert fails with '/usr/share/qomui/certs/user.crt': No such file or directory
2018-12-17 18:33:38,366 - INFO - OpenVPN: WARNING: cannot stat file '/usr/share/qomui/certs/user.key': No such file or directory (errno=2)
2018-12-17 18:33:38,369 - INFO - OpenVPN:Options error: --key fails with '/usr/share/qomui/certs/user.key': No such file or directory
2018-12-17 18:33:38,369 - INFO - OpenVPN: WARNING: cannot stat file '/usr/share/qomui/certs/ta.key': No such file or directory (errno=2)
2018-12-17 18:33:38,370 - INFO - OpenVPN:Options error: --tls-auth fails with '/usr/share/qomui/certs/ta.key': No such file or directory
2018-12-17 18:33:38,370 - INFO - OpenVPN:Options error: Please correct these errors.
2018-12-17 18:33:38,370 - INFO - OpenVPN:Use --help for more information.
2018-12-17 18:33:38,371 - INFO - OpenVPN:
2018-12-17 18:33:38,371 - INFO - OpenVPN:
2018-12-17 18:33:38,372 - INFO - OpenVPN - process killed
2018-12-17 18:33:38,374 - INFO - Openvpn connection closed

I think I'll stay with eddie for a while, maybe ...

1) your procedure to import the key doesn't work

I'll look into it, I don't quite understand yet why Qomui would import the servers but not the keys - the download should fail altogether in that case. But that's why Qomui can't connect to any OpenVPN server. Do the respective directories and files such as '/usr/share/qomui/certs/ca.crt' actually exist on your machine?

2) I override that, and install «new» .deb ,and I get new dependencies !!!!! (cgroup-tools, cgroupfs-mount, and libcgroup1) For THE SAME VERSION !!!!! How iS  that possible ! The progamme 5 minutes earlier worked without those dependencies !

Those dependencies are optional - they are only needed if you want to you use "bypass". But depending on whether you are installing from the deb directly or adding the repository via apt recommended dependencies are automatically installed or not.

I think I'll stay with eddie for a while, maybe ...

I'm sorry that Qomui doesn't work for you (yet).

@corrado : I am using siduction -debian unstable and I have tried both methods without success and the same error message.

Sorry for the late answer: You could try the following:

sudo apt purge qomui 
sudo apt clean
sudo apt update
sudo apt install qomui

Alternative, download the release from github directly, install all dependencies manually and run:

python3 setup.py install qomui-0.8.0.tar.gz

@corrado : I am using siduction -debian unstable and I have tried both methods without success and the same error message.

Sorry for the late answer: You could try the following:

sudo apt purge qomui 
sudo apt clean
sudo apt update
sudo apt install qomui

Alternative, download the release from github directly, install all dependencies manually and run:

>python3 setup.py install qomui-0.8.0.tar.gz

Sorry same result as before