Not connected, Your IP: 18.206.13.112

Ipleak showing 3 DNS adresses

When using VPN on Linux with openvpn I get 3 DNS adresses on ipleak.net. 1. AirVpn-Server Exit Ipv4, 2. AirVpn-Server Exit Ipv6 and 3. the residential address of my ISP.

Note: This is not my own home IP, but rather the one by my ISP. Should I be worried? Ipv6 is disabled.

Hello!

Nothing from your ISP should be showing. It's recommended you use the Air Eddie software with Network Lock enabled. Eddie is after all also just an openvpn wrapper, with benefits like Network Lock.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Nothing from your ISP should be showing. It's recommended you use the Air Eddie software with Network Lock enabled. Eddie is after all also just an openvpn wrapper, with benefits like Network Lock.

Using the Eddie terminal client I get the same issue.

I think I may have found the solution. After rebooting the system, then starting eddie terminal client, I was still getting leaks at random intervals, mostly at query 6.. So, I think when it can't resolve the dns it pushes it through the ISP(?). What I did was, I restarted the systemd dns resolve (systemctl restart systemd-resolved) which seems to have fixed the issue. However, this poses a serious risk for people who are not a knowledgeable and who might be running into this issue and not recognizing it exists.

Hello!

But is that with Network Lock enabled? Enabled by -netlock I think.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

But is that with Network Lock enabled? Enabled by -netlock I think.

Yes, this was with --netlock enabled. This is a systemd issue.

Reading the comments at https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/7182

does not give me confidence that the issue is cleanly "resolved" for all now and future setups. Major risk for users in Iran, Turkey, China, Russia, etc.

I run internet activities in Linux Mint in VirtualBox in Windows10, with Eddie and OpenVPN in the outer ring of W10.

Initially to get going without having to spend time with problems, but also due to some logic, I always follow the discipline of:

1. Boot W10. 2.Start Eddie and OpenVPN with Network Lock. 3. Connect to Air server. 4. Start VirtualBox. 5. Boot Linux guest.

Logically this means that Linux only sees and interacts with the secured VPN configuration. Mint handles Network Lock state changes as simple link up/down/up.

Occasional testing with ipleak, doileak etc have not shown any leakage.

Suggest this procedure as extra insurance while the systemd civil war and casualties continue.

Edit: Sorry, after reading links I got a bit brainfuzzy and thought original poster was running in a VM. I will leave my comment for that configuration, and go for my second coffee of the day.

I upgraded Linux Mint from 18 to 19 and DNS started to leak, even with network lock enabled!

Problem was solved by inserting these directives into Eddie.

dhcp-option DOMAIN-ROUTE .
up /etc/openvpn/update-systemd-resolved
down /etc/openvpn/update-systemd-resolved
script-security 2
down-pre

Similar issues with Eddie 2.15.2 in Ubuntu 16.04LTS . . . Will this fix be incorporated in the next version of Eddie?

I upgraded Linux Mint from 18 to 19 and DNS started to leak, even with network lock enabled!

Problem was solved by inserting these directives into Eddie.

dhcp-option DOMAIN-ROUTE .
up /etc/openvpn/update-systemd-resolved
down /etc/openvpn/update-systemd-resolved
script-security 2
down-pre

16 Aug '18 Update: I upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04LTS. Now I seem to have no problem connecting post IPv4/IPv6 flushing. With Firefox 61., IPLEAK.NET still shows two AIR IP addresses (same server - IPv4, IPv6), & the DNS address (same server, IPv4), and the location of the AIR server.

I don't know if this is normal. Of course, my actual IP addy & location never show up; so, I assume it's working . . . um, as intended, I hope.