Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.249.42

AirVPN definitely has its merits.

VPN Mentor actually was very favorable towards it

So was Cloudwards.

It's not the ultimate option in comparison to NordVPN or ExpressVPN, but the pricing is fair and carries its own weight. 

It's not the ultimate option in comparison to NordVPN or ExpressVPN, but the pricing is fair and carries its own weight. 

U mad bro? Express and Nord: for f*'s sake, they do not have port forward, give you closed source software and don't care about security, check their config and see.

Express even supports pptp, holy s*

don't believed the paid reviews about vpns , NordVpn is not as good as those sites say : speeds are not good , no software client for linux, ip's are not clean ( lot of infected ip's) and there are open ports ....The number of locations isen't a quality criteria : for a better privacy you need to connect to a server in the same time zone than yours (but not in your country evidently) . So why hundred of locations , it's just a commercial gadget .

It's important to take a look to this page before chosing a vpn

privacytools.io

Despite his excessivness sometimes , this page is interesting too because not paid by any Vpn

thatoneprivacysite.net

nord is garbage, express is actually pretty damn solid at least for me.  in fact i can't decide if i should have air as a primary or express.  their no activity log policy is legit since they did have one of their servers raided and no user logs were found.  air on the other hand grabs my attention because of the transparency, their killswitch, and their idgaf policy towards dmca notices.

Hey everyone, I've been using AirVPN for a few months now and I got say I really like it. Pleasurable experience. I also have a subscription with ExpressVPN who also give pretty good service too. Both of these VPNs have real tight encryption and they both use perfect forward secrecy. In terms of speed I never really can fully decide lol. Somedays Express is faster somedays Air is faster. I guess it all depends on how many people are on a given server. Both VPNs allow torrenting which is really nice. Make a note, if you're considering a VPN that dosen't allow torrenting then reconsider that VPN lol. Both seem to have a strict no log policy and have not been reported for turning over user data on anyone. In fact Express unfortunately got caught up in a hassle with the Turkish government over one of their servers that were seized. So both VPNs seem to be air tight in that regard. I will say this Air has a slight advantage on Express in the fact they make Eddie which is a graphical interface which is supported on Linux. Express must be used via terminal, but it's easy to figure out. Also both have kill switches and dedicated DNS, very good. They both also seem to be very "pro Tor" which I think really shows how dedicated they are to privacy. They also both allow Bitcoin payment methods and Express even has a onion link (hidden service) to get their VPN app. All this said most people probably don't need two VPNs but if you have the money to throw at two VPNs then double the servers can't be a bad thing if you get two high quality services like these.

Segaco yeah I personally woudn't consider Nord in the same category with Air and Express. My personal interpretation of them was kind of, meh. They use quite the marketing jargon for one thing. Lets be clear I'm sure all VPNs have some marketing jargon but I thought Nord was a little over the top. They say their VPN offers "military grade encryption" lol. They use stellar encryption no doubt, but it's nothing special. Every VPN heavyweight on the market uses something similar if not better. For instance Air and Express offer the same encryption but also with perfect forward secrecy which refreshes your encryption key. Nord dosen't offer a app of any kind of Linux users, whether graphical or terminal. Which is huge, I'm sure the bulk of VPN customers out here are also Linux users. Windows users aren't all that privacy or security oriented.  Nord also dosen't seem to be all that pro Tor either. At least not on the same level as Air and Express. Nord talks about Tor but then goes on to suggest most of the entry and exit nodes could be ran by government agencies and that using their VPN service with Tor is the only way to solve this issue. Which we know is not the case. Even using a VPN with Tor you can still be exploited. To their credit their logging policy seems transparent, but who knows really. Nord also must have a massive amount of affiliates because nearly every VPN review site you go to has them in the top two or three. However when you ask around on actual forum sites people's opinions about Nord are a lot less biased, some actually hated their service.

Hello!

I'm not one to defend Nord, but we must keep things accurate, including about competitors, as it's potentially defamatory otherwise and that's not permitted on these boards.

They use quite the marketing jargon for one thing. Lets be clear I'm sure all VPNs have some marketing jargon but I thought Nord was a little over the top. They say their VPN offers "military grade encryption" lol.

Air says something similar too:

The picked encryption cipher meets higher-than-military security requirements.

Airs response to this "military" thing would be:

Military grade encryption has a very precise technical meaning in cryptography and data protection. It has nothing to do with marketing. That sentence provides technical information about the ciphers used in our service.

Some explanation: there are some discrepancies in different countries Armies protocols and requirements, but essentially minimal requirements are homogeneous in most "developed" countries. The minimal military encryption degree that's mandatory is published in public books in various Western countries. In our case you can take as a reference the US Department of Defense "Common Criteria" and "Rainbow Series", specifically on the requirements of ciphers for "Secret" and "Top Secret" data. Even the NATO documents are fine. Kind regards

Whether or not Nord is aware of the same technicalities I of course can't say. But it's at least worth being aware of the origins of some of this kind of terminology.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

LZ1, of course. I wasn't trying to call them out or anything. The fact remains Nord is continually mentioned towards the top of the list on pretty much every review site. And I'm sure some people really like them.

LZ1, of course. I wasn't trying to call them out or anything. The fact remains Nord is continually mentioned towards the top of the list on pretty much every review site. And I'm sure some people really like them.

Oh it's not that you can't point out where others go wrong, it just needs to be accurate/truthful and there's plenty where that came from. Otherwise I agree there's 2-3 companies one always sees .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hey everyone, I've been using AirVPN for a few months now and I got say I really like it. Pleasurable experience. I also have a subscription with ExpressVPN who also give pretty good service too. Both of these VPNs have real tight encryption and they both use perfect forward secrecy. In terms of speed I never really can fully decide lol. Somedays Express is faster somedays Air is faster. I guess it all depends on how many people are on a given server. Both VPNs allow torrenting which is really nice. Make a note, if you're considering a VPN that dosen't allow torrenting then reconsider that VPN lol. Both seem to have a strict no log policy and have not been reported for turning over user data on anyone. In fact Express unfortunately got caught up in a hassle with the Turkish government over one of their servers that were seized. So both VPNs seem to be air tight in that regard. I will say this Air has a slight advantage on Express in the fact they make Eddie which is a graphical interface which is supported on Linux. Express must be used via terminal, but it's easy to figure out. Also both have kill switches and dedicated DNS, very good. They both also seem to be very "pro Tor" which I think really shows how dedicated they are to privacy. They also both allow Bitcoin payment methods and Express even has a onion link (hidden service) to get their VPN app. All this said most people probably don't need two VPNs but if you have the money to throw at two VPNs then double the servers can't be a bad thing if you get two high quality services like these.

If you go to the page of Express,you have to know you getting tracked by google-analytics and facebook.Both are negative for you Privacy,as we know.

Tryed to talk about this with support,but they  didn`t even know.

Because of this, express can hardly stand in the shadow of Airvpn or Mullvad.

Gr,

Casper

Casper31, Yeah I agree this can be a minor problem. But to be fair, it's really hard to avoid Google analytics. They are just about everywhere, and they may be using Facebook just to get their name out there. I don't think it really matters because if you have any reservation about this you can simply use their onion link plus Bitcoin to get their service completely anonymously.