Not connected, Your IP: 44.199.212.254
Sign in to follow this  
jcwrh_mob

How to reconnect randomly using eddie client?

Is it possible to reconnect in a random order when using the Eddie client? I've whitelisted several country's but Eddie client will always pick the "strongest" server or country so it seems. For instance I've whitelisted Canada, Switzerland and Lithuania. Nevertheless, when reconnecting it will always pick Canada in my case. How can I achieve that Eddie client will connect to other countries as well?

Thanks....

Anyone? Can a staff member may be answer this question? I know how to do this with ovpn files and openvpnservice,  but I haven't found something similar in the "Eddie" client so far..

Thanks in advance...

Anyone? Can a staff member may be answer this question? I know how to do this with ovpn files and openvpnservice,  but I haven't found something similar in the "Eddie" client so far..

Thanks in advance...

Hello!

We're sorry, this option is not available in Eddie built-in preferences. You need to implement it with custom OpenVPN directives: use "remote-random" and a list of "remote" entries.

Kind regards

I've tried this, but unfortunately this still doesn't work. I've added "remote-random" in the custom openvpn directives and a list of "remote" entries as well. In my case it looked like this:

remote-random
remote nl.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote es.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote se.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote ch.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote cz.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote lv.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote lt.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote ro.vpn.airdns.org 80
remote at.vpn.airdns.org 80

"Eddie" still connects to the same country (in my case Sweden when I've not white - or blacklisted any country) every time I reconnect. What more can  I do to make this work? I normally use ovpn configuration files together with openvpnservice and the remote-random directive added in the ovpn file. This works like a charm. The reason I want to achieve this in "Eddie" is because I want an " Airvpn over Tor" connection. This is only possible with the Eddie client, which only connects to the same country every time I reconnect. I can of course choose to connect to another country manually, but it would be nice if Eddie would do this for me in a random order....

Thanks for the reply anyway..

Grtz

One pretty simple solution using Eddie - select the countries you are willing to use in Eddie's client list and blacklist all others.  Then de-select connect automatically.  That way you start Eddie and bring up the server list and just pick one each time.  I know it takes 3-5 seconds to do that but YOU will determine exactly which server is connected to every single time.  I have been doing that for along time.  For me, one reason is the "mission" of my current session sometimes determines which country I want to be connected to.